Monday, September 3, 2012

LAUGH OUT LOUD

This week was a HUGE one in Hamilton, Montana. If you weren't here you totally missed out on what everyone here thinks is the BEST thing ever! Haha The fair was here along with LOTS of smoke! :)

So Monday, as we said, we hiked up Canyon Creek up to some lake which was gorgeous! Elder White was in Corvallis for a few days and he got to come too, so I got to be with 2 of my so called "sons". Haha! So much fun! I'll have to tell you all about it later! When Elder Andersen came to talk to us he told us to watch that NBC special on the LDS church. So we got to watch that at our dinner appointment that night. Let's just say, people make me laugh! Don't know nothin'!

We helped paint a gentleman's house on Tuesday' which was a BLAST! I should have taken a picture of it! It was this NASTY white because it had sat there for years, but painted it this brown gray and it was awesome! Reminded me when I painted for Aunt Berri! Haha

Wednesday was the opening day for the big BITTERROOT FAIR! I can't remember ever going to a parade before so it was awesome! Everyone knows EVERYONE here; it's so funny! Tons of candy was thrown at us and we had a pretty good time! The guy on the bike is Billy, The Wizard of Hamilton! He is so awesome! The first Friday of every month he puts on this HUGE concert RIGHT in front of our appartment building on Main street. I'm so looking forward to it this week. You can check him out on Youtube for sure! Just type in "Wizard of Hamilton". We see him all the time and talk to him a lot :)

Everyone tried to get us to go to the fair this week and I REALLY wanted to, but we had so many appointments and lessons that we just didn't have time to go! We met a man this week who blew my world! Probably the most prepared investigator I've ever taught! Met him and he asked when he could be baptized and wanted us to teach him right away and everything! It was hilarious because in our first visit Elder Thawley just sat there with a blank face, just AMAZED! Haha He came to church on Sunday and he just absolutely loved it! He was introducing himself to people and everything. Haha We will be having a baptism this Saturday and 4 individuals will be baptized! We are preparing for that and just thrilled because there are SOO many people who want to learn more right now and follow Christ! It's ONLY because of the members though! With awesome members working with us, it's amazing how much more effective sharing the gospel can be! So grateful for great members and examples.

The fires in Idaho have been smokin' us out but it really hasn't bothered me much at all. It's so thick we can't even see the mountains from our place any more :/ It's settled down a bit and golf today looks nice and sunny :) I'm actually going to be playin' golf in about 2 hours! We're going with 2 of the young men who are on the golf team here in Hamilton. I don't know if I've told y'all, but Elder Thawley is a HUGE golfer and has a scholarship to play in college at San Jose State, so we've been talkin' smack to the youngmen for some time now, and it's about time we show 'em up ;) Elder Thawley will do great, I'll just get in their heads ;) Haha That's all I seemed good at back home! 

This week was just INCREDIBLE! I would say one of the greatest on my mission so far :) I'm just stoked with everything going on and can't wait to keep it going! I sure love y'all!

I love puttin' on my tag everyday! As much as I think I represent our family, all I'm really representing is Jesus Christ :)

-Elder Parr

p.s. Just an early birthday wish for Mattie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY QWAZI! You're 19!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment