Monday, September 24, 2012

I can't fathom how fast time is going by...

This week has been FANTASTIC! I can't fathom how fast time is going by, and people keep askin' me this ridiculous question. You ready for this?! ....

"Elder Parr, are you excited to go home?"

How in the world do they expect me to respond to that kind of question?! No, I'm pretty ticked I have to go back to Texas. I'm so mad I have to go home. I'd rather jump off a bridge. You know what, I'm so devastated I'm going home I think I'm just going to stop working. DUH! Of course I'm excited I'm going home! I get to be with my family again! BUT that doesn't mean there isn't work to be done right now! I just think it's a funny question people ask. haha :) Just think. What if I did say I was ticked I was going home. What would they say next? I think I might try it ;)

There are so many stories to tell y'all I don't know how I'm going to tell y'all all of them. I'm sure I will be able to; some way or another. This week was wonderful! We're preparing for a baptism this weekend which is going to be just fantastic! The man is AMAZING and blows my mind every time we teach him! He is so excited to get baptized and has a remarkable story!

So Elder Thawley and I were asked to speak in sacrament meeting this past week which was a BLAST! Probably one of the best sacrament meetings EVER! 2 of the gals that were twins who got baptized about 3 weeks ago spoke first and then their grandfather and then Elder Thawley and I was the last speaker. Kind of a weird experience being the concluding speaker but was a wonderful privilege. It was a special subject for me, "Showing Love Through Service", because that has been the exact thing I've tried to do my whole mission and to be speaking in one of my last Sundays amongst a group of people I've come to love and care so much about was a VERY special thing. It was interesting as I sat on the stand and reflected back on the first day I walked in that chapel and thought, "What am I doing here? I don't know any of these people and especially their names! I'm a missionary and have no idea what I'm doing!" Up 'til now when I looked out and knew just about every person and what made them who they are. I just love Montana and ALL the people here :) Just a great Sunday! What a blessing it is for me to be able to finish my mission in my first area. It's pretty special!

You ask what will I be doing for my 21st birthday?! Funny you ask because Elder Thawley and I were talking about it last night as we prepared for bed. "Elder Thawley, you know most kids on their 21st birthday talk about how they went to Las Vegas or went to the bar or did this or that. Well, when someone asks me what I did for my 21st birthday I will be able to say, "I took a road trip for 7 hours and in between I was with 80 missionaries along with a few of the General Authorities of our church"! No one will expect that will they? haha I'm pretty stoked! So, more than likely I'll be up at 5am getting ready to drive to Helena and won't get back 'til 9 or later that night. Hopefully I can find some birthday cake somewhere in that time ;)  So there you go!

Hope all is well and y'all are havin' lots of fun and doing well! LOVE Y'ALL!
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment