Monday, September 10, 2012

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

What a week it has been!! Last Monday, as I said, I went and played
golf with Elder Thawley and 2 of the young men who are on the golf
team here in Hamilton. Let's just say it was a great game! We played
best ball and by hole 3 we were 4 strokes ahead ;) Dad, you would be
proud because in the first 3 holes I was puttin' for birdie! BUT
failed to get them in the hole! :) I was so excited, especially because
at the range just before I didn't hit ANYTHING past 10 feet! Haha! We
beat them by 2 strokes at the end and I hit under 100 for the second
time in my life, both of which have been on my mission! I think I
should get an extension just so I can get better at golf ;) JK

A miracle happened this week I wasn't expecting AT ALL! We were just
minding our own business, doing our studies, when we got a phone call
from this man! He was someone I had taught when I was here last time
in Hamilton and have tried to make contact with but showed little
interest. Well, I answered the call (HE HAS NEVER CALLED US. EVER) and
he expressed how he was in a rough spot and wanted us to come over.
WHAT?! That NEVER happens! We left right away and he was definitely in
a rough spot. I won't say any details but he is just ready to make
some changes in his life and wants us to help him. 
I'm so glad he called us and not anyone else.

Some other good news is that my man Merlin is back in town and doing
SOOO much better! I don't think I mentioned earlier but Merlin had a
sore on his leg that had been causing him LOTS of pain and I was
worried that he might pass. Well, he left for Spokane about 3 weeks ago
and they said that it was cancerous and would probably have to remove
his entire leg. Well a miracle happened and they ended up just cutting
a foot long gash in his leg to remove the tumor and were able to save his
leg. He is back and walking around now and is just as happy as could
be again :) I call him my grandpa. I love him so much ;) haha

Well, mom mentioned that the weather here must be glorious but I'm sad
to say it's nothing but the exact opposite :/ There are soo many fires
around and we're gettin' all the smoke, so Hamilton is just a big
cloud of smoke where you can't see the mountains or ANYTHING! Last
night coming out of our dinner appointment the entire sky was yellow
green, kind of like it is before a tornado and ash was just fallin'
out of the sky. Funny because we get home and we smell like we've been
around a campfire all day ;) Haha Well, I think the smoke has finally
gotten to me because since Saturday morning I've been stopped up like
no other! Hasn't been fun at all but I'm just truckin' along and feel
like I'm on the tail end of it now :)

Interesting enough, Saturday was probably the best and worst day of my mission combined! Haha We had 4 baptisms that morning which was just incredible and so uplifting! Probably one of the BEST baptisms I've ever attended, besides my own ;) JK It was just grea, but during and afterwards I just felt awful. So that night as I was preparing for bed and just going to take a hot shower to get some of this nasty stuff out of me we got a knock on the door. You have to remember that I'm completely out of it and just brushin' my teeth ready to hit the sack and crash. haha Well Elder Thawley answers the door and I hear, 
"Is this the Jehovah Witnesses?" "No." "Well I want to get baptized!" or
something like that and I just grin thinkin', what knuckle head kid
told this kid that we lived up here? Haha! as Elder Thawley introduces
himself. Well, I walk up to the door with my tooth brush in my mouth,
pajama pants on and say, "Hey, I'm Elder Parr." and shake his hand and
hang on and he says, "I'm Chris McCleve." My mind goes nuts tryin' to
remember some former missionary because he looks familiar and his name
is familiar and then it clicks! "NO WAY! GET IN HERE," as I yanked him
into our apartment Haha. Probably the BEST way to meet my future
brother in law for sure :) Well, I'm sure y'all are all wondering what I
think and I just have to say we're going to get into a lot of trouble
together ;) haha No...he seems super awesome and I look forward to
getting to know him better at Thanksgiving!



HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY QWAZI! Probably the first time EVER that I
haven't been able to wish you happy birthday on your actual birthday and only an early and belated one ;) LOVE YOU LIL' SIS!

So to end, know that I LOVE Y'ALL!

-Elder Parr


No comments:

Post a Comment