Monday, April 30, 2012

On Top Of The World!!

What a week it has been! I've learned a lot about myself and also just a lot in general. Monday we had zone olympics so we got together with the other Billings zone and competed! It was a blast! Played knockout, ultimate frisbee, kickball and the best, the "behg challenge". It's the picture of the Elder in a trash bag! Haha!! We got in industrial sized trash bags, stuck a vacum down the back and then sucked it up and BAM! Skin tight and STUCK! haha Funniest thing ever :) Went to 3 Zone trainings, 2 of which were in Wyoming! 


Being in Wyoming brought back some funny memories when Jeff and I were stuck on the side of the highway and in the middle of nowhere! I found out Rawlings, where we were stuck then, is where the state penitentiary is located and NOT a good place to be at all, so I know the Lord was lookin' out for us :) Well, I also realized now that most of Wyoming is in the middle of nowhere, including a town called Tensleep that we drove out to! You will have to check it out on a map! haha Town of 260 people with the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen! Pretty cool experience!








As you have no idea, so far this week was great but probably the hardest week I've had on my mission! I wouldn't say worst, because every week is a good week, regardless of what happens. Monday I pretty much lost my voice, then got really sick the following morning being congested, cold sore and just feeling like garbage. On top of all that it rained pretty much all week on us here and I could barely talk because my voice was still gone! Ha I would say something and people would just look at me so funny or say "What?!" Interesting experience for sure! Learned I would not like to be mute!

Although I felt miserable all week I remembered our family motto, "Parr's Never Quit" and boy did it keep me going :) I think out of the 18 months that I've served on my mission, I'm now understanding the significance and urgency of my purpose and the opportunity at hand! There is NOTHING I would rather do at this time! There is no greater joy or greater work to be a part of than bringing others unto our Savior Jesus Christ :) Even in times of darkness and discomfort I still find a means to smile :) People always ask me, "How the heck are you so happy all the time?!" My response is always, "Why not be happy?! We have SOO much and have so many reasons to rejoice!" I just don't know how to put in words how I feel. I think back to when I came out on my mission and I just think, "If only you could see me now!" I love this work with every fiber of my soul! 

I love y'all so much! It's so good to hear of the many things that y'all are accomplishing and doing back home! Keep it up :) I want to share something with y'all that has brightened my life and given me an added desire to do more and to shine on! https://www.lds.org/youth/video/2012-theme-song?lang=eng Watch this and download the song from the website and listen to it every morning!

Well, gots to go! LOVE Y'ALL!!!
Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment