Monday, April 16, 2012

On the road again!

You know when you get home from a long vacation and you walk into your home and that feelin' of "comin' home" just makes you smile?! Well, I was away all last week and didn't get back 'til Saturday night about 11:30pm!  It was so much fun and I've learned SOOOO much as well! Had the opportunity to visit all the zones on the west side of our mission (Bozeman, Butte, Missoula, Kalispell and Great Falls)! We drove over 1,300 miles this week! I'm gettin' good at drivin' long distances ;) 

Each zone training was so uplifting and edifying! Elder Miller and I talked about having a vision and executing it! President Gardner challenged all of us to read the gospel of John and share an insight we took from it. I've written down what each missionary has shared and I'll just say there is a LOT in John :) haha The thought I've been sharing comes from John 5:1-9 http://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/john/5?lang=eng  about Christ and the certain man at the pool of Bethesda! While reading, I wanted to be more like Christ! I want to be the certain man, who notices, stops and takes the time to help those in need. What a great lesson to learn! Don't overlook anyone you pass by! 
 

I'm learning so much, especially to never take anything you have for granted! I feel so often in our lives we aren't grateful for what we have. We always want more, or bigger or better things, when really we have exactly what we need in front of us! I'm beginning to strive to forget about the things I "want or need" and find someone else who truly needs something and give to them. I'm really beginning to understand how Christ's love is unconditional and ever-giving! I really came to know that this week while I was back in Bozeman. When I served there I worked with a young man who had fallen off the deep end and was trying to get his life back in order and get back to church. He recovered and came back quickly but shortly after my departure fell back into bad habits and wrong decisions. I hadn't seen him for months but talked to him occasionally on Facebook. I was so devastated when he would tell me the things he was doing but never gave up on him. When I visited Bozeman, he was the happiest I had EVER seen him! Made so many decisions to change his life and is just thriving living the gospel!
Lesson learned:
NEVER GIVE UP ON SOMEONE! ALWAYS EXPECT THE BEST IN SOMEONE :) 

This week will be filled with more zone trainings and lots of missionary work! I love every bit of this time to serve the Lord!

LOVE Y'ALL! 
-Elder Parr


No comments:

Post a Comment