Monday, April 23, 2012

Smile Sunshine! :)

This week has been absolutely AMAZING! This week I've felt the best I think I've EVER felt on my mission :) We've been able to do so many things and have worked our tails off! Elder Miller and I get home every night and just want to pass out! Haha! I can't say I've been as tired or satisfied in my entire life! There is something refreshing about helping others out so much that it literally just wears your body out then you get up the next morning and do it all over again :) By the way it was 80 degrees here today!!! Sunshine summertime just around the corner!


I learned a pretty valuable lesson this week. You probably read my quote about it on my facebook since y’all stalk me like no other ;) Haha! ‎"Human beings are expected by their creator to be actively employed in doing good everyday of their lives, either improving their own mental and physical condition or that of their neighbor." -Brigham Young

I feel if we don't get to know everyone around us, our neighbors, classmates, teachers, etc, we're missing out on sooo many opportunities to serve others and make friends that we may have the chance to influence for good and assist in their times of trial :) I don't let a person go by now without trying to talk to them or at least make them smile :) Such a great feeling to lift another's spirit! I want to hear experience y’all are having in helping others or sharin' the joy you've received from the gospel with others! Fill me in!!!

So I got to go on team-ups in the West Park Ward this week with Elder Stauffer my brotha from anotha motha ;) haha It was such a great time to contact some people and teach them again! He is awesome and so glad he took my place there! Tonight at dinner was hilarious! They have a 2 year old son and he was way delirious! He was just laughin' and ALL over the place! He was tryin' to shut the sliding back door and slipped and like slow motion was falling and was reaching and grasping for something to hold onto. I was just too slow and as he fell he nailed the dog bowl and sent water flyin' everywhere! Glad he wasn't hurt because it was hilarious!

Tracted and knocked doors like crazy this week!! We led the mission in talking to people which is sweet because everyone thinks we don't do diddly squat, so we decided, "Hey we're going to lead the mission!" We're just pumped! Met one lady from Jersey with a sweet accent! We're going to level her backyard out and get all the young men over there too :) Pretty stoked! Also walked up to a house and the guy was downstairs, door wide opened and was like, "want to move furniture?!" "Of course!" Within 5 minutes we solved their problem in getting this huge couch out of his basement! Just said, "Why don't you just take the back door off?!" So grateful for the hundred moves I helped with back home! Definitely prepared me for my mission! :) Helped out a ton and they opened up a ton and were tellin' us all about their lives! Both just down to earth guys with a great quality of life.

In one of the zone trainings this week one of the priesthood leaders who were visiting told us how in his office he doesn't have any chairs because chairs invite people to stay longer than they really need to. We took it to heart and made "T-Chairs"! I think you will enjoy my picture of mine ;) Keeps us focused and out of the office because they aren't comfortable at all! Haha We love 'em though :)


Well I'm off! Hope y’all have an amazing WEEK! Look forward to reading your emails tomorrow!!

LOVE Y’ALL!!!
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment