Monday, April 2, 2012

WOOOHOOOO!!!

This week has been amazing!  :) 


As you have discovered (and investigated) I have been called to be the new assistant to the president. I didn't want to tell y'all, merely because everyone makes such a big deal about it. I knew y'all would figure it out sooner or later and it definitely was sooner! haha I'm just grateful for the new opportunity to serve and to help those around! I'm pumped because now I will be able to get to know ALL the missionaries in our mission; which will be a blast! We travel a lot and that was the reason for my late email last Sunday when we hit the road early early the following day. 



It was definitely an exciting week
with welcoming in new Elders and Sisters
but also sad as we said bye to many.






I got to say goodbye to Elder Miner all the way up until he went through security at the airport! I've included a picture. In the departing devotional Elder Miner shared a poem his mom gave him along with a pretty funny story!
I LOVE the poem and wanted to share it with you :) 
 




I will do more than belong - I will participate.
I will do more than care - I will help.
I will do more than believe - I will practice.
I will do more than be fair - I will be kind.
I will do more than forgive - I will forget.
I will do more than dream - I will work.
I will do more than teach - I will inspire.
I will do more than earn - I will enrich.
I will do more than give - I will serve.
I will do more than live - I will grow.

I will do more than suffer - I will triumph.
-William Arthur Ward

 It's so applicable and I think my new life motto and how I will live by! I throughly enjoyed watching conference and took MANY things from the talks given! I love conference because it makes me want to do more and become more like our Savior Jesus Christ! We had the opportunity to watch the last session with President Gardner with his family who were in town and got to sit by his little grand daughter who is 3 and boy does she know her animals and fruits! hehe It was fun listening to the servants of the Lord, drawing pictures and a little gal sayin' "ba-na-na. puppy!"


I love the simple things in life! :)


Love y'all so much!
-Elder Parr


No comments:

Post a Comment