Monday, May 7, 2012

Shout HOORAY!!!

Ahhhh it's soo good to hear from y'all! I've been thinking alot about y'all, especially with this weekend, sending home all the missionaries today and that whole process. I'm pretty excited to talk to y'all this weekend on Mother's Day! I will NOT be skyping but I will be calling. We will probably do it Sunday evening before or after dinner (5-8pm) our time here. I'll try and let you know when it gets closer!

This week has been an amazing one for sure :) Started out on the week gettin' van certified! I can now drive our 12 passenger transfer van and boy is it a blast to drive! Haha Especially when it's packed full of missionaries :) The course I had to do reminded me of defensive driving A LOT! haha "What should you do when someone cuts you off?" Had the opportunity to drive all the departing missionaries to the temple though for their last time before they went home! I also had the opportunity to go to the temple to do baptisms with a recent convert and the West Park Ward, my previous area which was REALLLLY neat! She had a wonderful experience as I did myself! I was able to baptize all the young men that came from the West Park Ward. I testify that the temple is the most peaceful and joyful place you can be! When I get home that's the FIRST thing we're doing as a family! So start planning it out! 

Elder Miller's birthday was this week and I just pretended I was celebrating Preston's birthday too! You're a teenager now Preston! YAYYYYY! We surprised him so many times and he had so much cake and ice cream :)

Had the wonderful chance to be on teamups with Elder Senior who is a fellow Texan along with Elder Miller which was really fun! He came up from Wyoming with Elder Bird (who came out with me) because Elder Bird had heart surgery! What a miracle that was! Had a 5 hour surgery and was up walkin' and eatin' pancakes with us the next day! Medical field amazes me now and I consider him a miracle!


A lesson I learned with Elder Senior and Elder Miller was on a very nice mans doorstep. The only draw back was he was so closed minded! Didn't argue or anything but taught me a very valuable lesson. People tell us all the time that we should "study out what we believe because we are way off". I find it interesting because when I ask them questions like about their relationship with God and what not they know nothing and they always say, "I'm going to have to talk to my preacher about that". It blows my mind! What ever happened to asking God and receiving revelation from the author of ALL truth instead of someone else? I'm so grateful and testify that we can find answers to our own questions. That we don't have to go to or through someone to seek knowledge. Anyways off my soapbox

We just got back from playing Folf at Phipp's Park again! It's the BEST course EVER! It's like in these cliffs and just all over the place! The last hole is 729 foot or something ridiculous like that with a 200 drop in elevation! We get to play there when we come visit! Found a few snakes and jumped around the cliffs with the bunnies ha! 

I was reassured this week that HARD WORK PAYS OFF... ALWAYS! We haven't had much going on recently, teaching wise, and this week we taught 2 new young people who are wonderful! They both are so interested in the church and why we're always so happy and get along so well, haha. The youth in the church are amazing and are so strong! We've been able to share the joy we have with others because people are seeking for it in their lives :) Learned how much service can change someone's perspective of you as well! Found that true in the ward i'm in now and all the support and help we're receiving now. I've also been able to experience that for myself. Today when we were trying to get missionaries off, transfer missionaries, do paper work and tons of other stuff, we were just flustered with everyone around and nobody leaving. Walked out later after we were just about done and they were washing our car! Immediately, everything they had done or not done didn't matter. I could have cared less about what they had done. I had to kneel down and ask Heavenly Father for some forgiveness when I got home and thanked him for the lesson I learned ;)

I love being humbled!
I love y'all so much and hope all is well!
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment