Monday, March 26, 2012

RE: CRAZY!!

As you've received this you're probably wondering again..."Why in the world is Elder Parr sending an email on MONDAY NIGHT?!" haha I love to keep y'all on your toes ;) I want to let y'all know what's going on, though, so you're not going completely out of your minds! 

We received transfer calls last Friday and I received the news that I would be getting transferred :/ It was a pretty shockin' experience seeing as I've only been here in Billings in the West Park Ward for 3 months. As you may remember, Elder Miner is going home this time around as well, which means our area is getting doubled out, which was the ONLY thing I said wouldn't happen this transfer! Haha That's when I learned that you cannot advise the Lord what is best for yourself or your situation ;) The 2 Elders who are coming in are AMAZING and I couldn't ask for better missionaries to replace and take over our area. So as you're dying to know, I'm being transferred to.......BILLINGS! Haha I'm going to now be in the Pioneer Park Ward here in Billings. From what I've heard it's an awesome ward and I'm looking forward to the new opportunities to serve, love others and help others come unto Christ :) A piece of my heart will still be left in the West Park Ward for sure. I feel every place I have served is home for me and it's so sad to leave them :/ I'm grateful that I'm not going too far though and still will see many of them around town! My new companion is Elder Miller who is from High Point, North Carolina! Which means 2 southern boys will be takin' out the great north country ;)

My new address will be:
1848 Rimrock Road
Billings, Mt 59102

I had the AWESOME opportunity to attend the temple this past Saturday! Oh, how I love attending the Lord's house and learning so much while I'm there! A few weeks ago in our stake conference a woman spoke about the blessings of the temple. She said something that REALLY stuck out to me! She said that when we are in the temple it helps us learn how to be on our best behavior. Eventually, our best behavior will be evident in our day to day lives as we leave the temple and enter into the world! I LOVE THE TEMPLE and would encourage each of you to find yourself worthy to enter the temple and feel of God's love there :)

It's been a longgggg day of traveling around the mission dropping off missionaries and picking missionaries up but so much fun! I think I will send my sd card home soon for a surprise for y'all pretty soon to see all the many things that have been going on :)

One thing I wanted to ask y'all is how have y'all been able to become better leaders in what y'all have done? As a leader I want to strive to find ways that I can improve and ways to motivate and encourage those around me more. I know y'all have served in several leadership roles and wondering what advice you could give me! I wouldn't mind if you asked others around and gave me their insight, as well, or quotes or whatever it may be. Thanks!

The shirts you sent are awesome!! They fit great and will provide me the opportunity to be diligent in keeping my shirts wrinkle-free by ironing :) hehe I'm PUMPED to hear how your efforts to strenghten and build your physical and spiritual lives each and everyday are going :) I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!!! 

The meaning of being on the "back of my planner" means y'all mean that much to me ;) As missionaries we put pictures, quotes, etc. on our planners to just have fun with it and this time I'm going to put y'all on there :) 

I guess there is one thing that I could use and that would be TONS of thanks you cards!! So if you would like to send some of those this way I would LOVE that :) I'm going to start sending thank you cards to all those who are so kind and feed us. Also, a few ties would work too! Elders have LOVED my ties that you've sent and I'm excited to say I've traded them off ;) hehe That means you have some AWESOME taste MAMA! 

LOVE Y'ALL! Take care and may God watch over all of you :)

-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment