Monday, October 3, 2011

YIPEE!!!


Am I fine to say this week was WONDERFUL?!! It was AMAZING :) Conference definitely filled my soul this weekend. I took the counsel I received to go into conference with questions and things I wanted to find answers to. I prayed about certain things and questions I had and asked God to allow me to find those answers as I listened to the talks given. EVERY single question or concern I had was answered and the spirit bore witness to be time and time again throughout the sessions! I have been edified and uplifted with a stronger determination to do more to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ :) It's my testimony that He lives and loves us! I found one line very interesting as I listened which, in my poor summary, goes something like this, "The things that are important to us become what is important to God because he loves us that much!" Whatever we desire to know or do becomes God's interest as well because He wants us to succeed and be happy :) I'm just on cloud nine from this weekend's conference! I would encourage each of you before next conference to have questions or things that you would like to know prior to conference. I can promise you they will ALL be answered because God answered mine :)
(Listen to or read the messages here... http://lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2011/10?lang=eng
We did lots of service this week and I learned multiple new talents. Some of which include electrical wiring and hanging sheet rock :) We had a blast helping a family work on a small barn and working along side each of them! I can't tell you how much I love working hard and serving others! It puts me in such a great mood and makes me want to do it 24/7. We also helped clean out an above ground pool (don't worry the pool was empty) just got all the moss and algae out!
I guess I could tell y'all that my birthday was AMAZING! It was truly celebrated with friends and family I've made here :) Thank you for all the birthday wishes and gifts! They are ALL greatly appreciated! I had lots of homemade huckleberry cheesecake and ribs for sure! Now, I'm an old 20 years old. No longer a fun teenager! haha.
Polson is amazing and I'm loving every second of it :) I sure hope I get to stay here much longer! One of our investigators is getting baptized on Saturday this week! We are SO excited for her and were able to have lunch at her house with her husband. I felt after the meal and conversations we had together he is a LOT more comfortable with what's going on and even said he would like to come to church and learn more! Best thing we could have heard from him.
I LOVE hearing from y'all and glad to know things are going well back home! I love y'all and pray for y'all often! Thank y'all for your prayers. I can definitely feel them each day and they lift and strengthen me :)
-Elder Parr
Okay I guess I can share a crazy story with y'all. So we were down in Pablo (remember I'm on the reservation in Polson, but Pablo is more of the real reservation) Well we were down there with bishop trying to see some people and there was this house that we decided we were going to knock on. Bishop stayed in the car and off we went. Well if you were looking forward it was a blue trailer on your right on the corner lot with another trailer perpendicular to it in the back, like an L shape, with a chain link fence on the left with a little shed as well. Kind of like a little alley area as you walked to the back trailer. I was excited to knock on the door and share our message with whoever lived there, if anyone did at all. A man answered the door and we spoke to him. A very nice fellow indeed :) We learned that he lived alone and all he does is play internet games all day. I'm not sure if anything will come of our visit, he did invite us back but I did learn something valuable that day...That as we live the principles of the gospel, we live clean and wholesome lives, which allows us to serve and strengthen others around us :) 

Remember to do what is right, at the right time, for the right reason, without delay!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment