Monday, October 31, 2011

Knock, Knock!


Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Nobody.          
Nobody who?
........
Average missionary knock knock joke cause it happens all the time ;) HAHA!



This week has been wonderful! Able to do SOOO much service which y'all know is my favorite :) We helped out at an assisted living center here in town where they had an event with all the Pre-school children! They had 5 different events and some of the ladies in the center ran the events and we just helped them out. I was paired up with this sweet little lady :) I love grandmas so much! Anyways, we were asked to do bowling! It was a BLAST! I got the kids SOO pumped and they had a blast at our station! It was so much fun to be around little kids and just to see them have fun and get along with each other!

We also helped out a memeber with his apples! Sad to say, but I picked my first apple (that I can remember) when I was 20 years old! WOW that's a long time! haha Not only just picked one but shook 3 trees worth and picked them up and then pressed and juiced them right then and there! Freshest apple juice I've ever had in my life! It was so much fun and made me want to plant apple trees when I get home so I can make apple juice :) Not only was it a blast but I had a pretty spiritual experience as well! You may wonder, "How do you have a spiritual experience pickin' apples and makin' apple juice?!" Well, while I was up in the trees shakin' them, I didn't realize until later, but my missionary tag had been knocked off by a branch I assume. I only knew that once I got to the ground and saw the name part and picked it up. Well it was my magnetic one so there is a little green magnetic piece that was still missing. I assumed it was in that general area but as I looked I couldn't find it anywhere. I gave up a few times but would continue to walk over and look for it here and there with no luck. It was the only tag I had on me and I just assumed I wouldn't find it. It was time to leave and I thought about what I should do about it. I decided to just say a quick prayer in my heart and ask Heavenly Father to help me find it. As soon as I walked back over to the trees, "BAM!" It was clear as day light layin' on the ground! It wasn't even close to where I thought it would be either! I was so surprised but immediately shouted, "PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED!!!" I was so excited and made sure I gave a prayer of thanks to my Father in heaven :) It helped me learn that sometimes we just can't give up. We need not rely on our own strength and wisdom but ask God for help! I know He answers prayers because he answered my weak and doubtful prayer! Also made me want to exercise my faith even more and watch the miracles that can be performed :)


Sunday was great because the primary had their program :) I always enjoy sitting and listening to them sing primary songs! Brings back many good memories from when I was a kid. Also able to teach the gospel principles class which was about what our life was like before we came here to earth. I LOVED teaching it and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me on facebook or somethin'! Well, those 3 hours of church were great but 3 other hours of Sunday were not! Haha! Let's just say within 3 hours we had 3 meals. That averages out to be 1 meal every hour for those 3 hours! We had SOOO much food and we weren't planning on ANY of it! We didn't have lunch because we forgot to grab something from home on the way out but each person we visited before dinner had already prepared something for us to eat so we had grill cheese, chicken noodle soup, ham sandwiches and then for dinner beef and potatoes! SOOO much food! When I got in the car as we were headed to our next appointment I told Elder White, "I never want to have beef and potatoes for the rest of my life!" Haha SOO much food. I'll just say they feed us PLENTY here in Montana. No worries about me going hungry.

Just something funny too.
I cut my hair by myself this morning.......I look ridiculous! hahahaha  ----->

By the way, I said I was memorizing a scripture a week. I failed to tell you which one last week, but here it is, Mosiah 4:19:

      "For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?"

I love it because sometimes I think I have everything taken care of but really I depend solely on Heavenly Father for all that I have!

Well, the one for this week is Mosiah 4:40:

      "But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not."
  
We have to make sure everything we're doing is in line with what is right or we begin to stray!

"REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR!"  -Mamaaaaa Parr
                                  
I LOVE Y'ALL!
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment