Monday, October 17, 2011

Ohhh yeahhh!


This week has been...WONDERFUL :)  I love every second of every day! There is no better way to live your life than serving the Lord. We were asked to attend priest quorum as they talked about missionaries and watched a video about them as well. No one helps me out when they ask me how long I've been out and I say almost a year and they say, "OH! You're wrapping it up! What are your plans when you get home?!" I don't want it to be over! After watching that video I've come to realize even more that being a full-time missionary is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't get to do this again. This is it! I've already finished just about half of it. What will I do with my last year? I'm going to work my tail off! I love each person I meet so much, I just want to give them a glimpse of what the gospel can do for their lives. How the Savior's atonement can make ALL things right! That they can find peace and happiness through Jesus Christ and His gospel! The gospel is for EVERYONE :)  I love the gospel SO much and I love sharing it with everyone I meet :)

After watching conference I've decided to take some of the words of counsel from Richard G. Scott and to memorize scriptures. I've memorized many but I'm making a goal to memorize one per week :) The scripture I've chosen for this week is Omni 1:26,

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of His salvation, and the power of His redemption. Yea, come unto Him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto Him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

I LOVE this scripture because it's what I have to do and the opportunity I have to help others do as well. If I'm not doing it myself, how am I supposed to help others do it? I can testify that the Savior's love is real and eternal :) I'm grateful for it in my lfie!

This week was GREAT as I got to mow a yard again! Mowed the Senior Citizen Center's lawn as well fixed up a flower bed! It was awesome because we weren't expecting to do it and ended up doing it all in our suits! It was so funny as people stared at us as they drove by and what not! I loved getting my hands dirty again! I've definitely missed mowing for sure! Helped someone do an oil change, moved someone out, and lots of other stuff! This week was filled with ways to serve and love others! I would encourage each of you to find ways to help others around you :) It's what Christ asked us to do, you know?! I can promise you that you will find answers to your prayers and peace in your life as you do so :)

I have so much I could talk about, but have to get going. I love each of y'all SO much and hope that God will continue to bless each of you! You're in my prayers always :)

Love,
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment