Monday, October 10, 2011

Lessons learned left and right :)


So I'm happy to say that I'm staying another 6 weeks at least; here in Polson, Montana! It's been chilly the past few days and there is snow in the mountains already! YIKES!! Haha!
I have loved EVERY second of this week! It's been full of the spirit and lessons learned left and right  :)

It rained for 3 straight days, here in Polson, and I would say those were 3 of the BEST days. Many people when it rains like to stay inside. For missionaries like us, we are outside working, rain, snow or sunshine! We were in a trailer park this week while it was POURING down rain, which of course we just get soaked! Our day hadn't been too successful up to that point and we knocked on this door. A man opened the door and asked what we were doing. We told him who we were and asked if we could come in and share a message with him. He said, "Hold on", shut the door and a few minutes later opened it back up. We sat on the floor of his humble trailer and as we talked to him we found out that he had lost his first son a month after his birth. He said he had prayed for God to help him and to let his son live but he felt his prayers were not answered  :/  We talked about the Plan of Salvation and assured him of the reality of life after this one and about prayer. (http://mormon.org/plan-of-happiness/) He didn't have much time but invited us back. We went somewhere else in town and ended up in another home, with a similiar experience, except her son was still born. These experiences opened my view even more to life. That life is truly a gift and that we spend every second like it's our last! That we should express our love for others and serve those around us! I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I have that we can be with our families and loved ones after this life because these 2 individuals did not know that until we met with them!

Another cool experience was that we met this couple on the street. I saw that he was wearing a Cowboys cap and wanted to find out if he was from Texas or not. He wasn't, sadly :/ But got to talking and found out that their son plays for the high school here in Polson. They invited us to the game which was awesome because we met SOOO many people there and watched a good game! I haven't been to a football game in forever! Nothing like Texas football though! Haha! It was good to be out amongst the public and to meet so many people. Like the WHOLE town comes to the game :)

One of our investigators was baptized on Saturday, too! It was a GREAT experience! Not only with her but her husband as well! He was against her learning completely, at first, but yesterday came to church with her in his suit lookin' SO FRESH! It's been such a joy to see their progress as they've drawn closer to our Father in heaven :) I'll send a picture of it soon! :)


I met a man who wanted me to deny to Book of Mormon this week, as well. It got me SO pumped up as I told him the Book of Mormon was true and that I was willing to do whatever it took to defend it! I know that the Book of Mormon is true. That it is another record of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I've read, studied and pondered the book. Each page truly testifies and points to our Savior! I'm grateful for the second witness it provides to the reality and divinity of his ministry and his atonement. It strengthens my testimony that God loves us today and wants us to seek and find truth. I know the Book of Mormon is a tool in which we can learn and apply the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives :) It has helped me in SOOO many ways!

Polson is wonderful and the people are wonderful :)    I LOVE Y'ALL :)

-Elder Parr 



"Live your life in a manner that people know what you stand for!  I DO WORK!" ~Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment