Monday, October 24, 2011

Preacher Parr #2


So this week I hit my year mark, sadly :/ That means I only have a year left to do the Lord's work full-time! It has helped me realize the urgency in helping others and doing ALL I can do to help as many people as I can! Once it's done it's done and I'm not going home with any regrets! Going to DO WORK :)
 
Yesterday at church Elder White and I were asked to speak in sacrament. I had the wonderful privilege of speaking on the importance of families :) It was fun as I prepared my talk and looked back on many of the events and memories we have had together! Well, I focused on how to make successful and happy families! Although I don't have a family of my own, it was great to look back and see all the things that we have done to make our family the way it is today! I'd say our family is, "BEAST" as Carson or the boys would say! Haha. I used, "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" (http://lds.org/family/proclamation?lang=eng)  which is so great! Well, after the talk and after church a member came up to me joking and said, "You know Elder Parr, if you ever leave the church you would make an awesome Baptist preacher!" I had to laugh and said, "I must get it from my dad and his Baptist childhood!" It was hilarious and I thought about how all of the young men called you "Preacher Parr", dad! Haha It was hilarious!
 
I also got to travel to Helena, Montana again for some leadership training which was AWESOME! I love being with President Gardner and all the other missionaries and this time we had 2 visitors! Brother Hemmingway and Brother Jackman. Brother Hemmingway is over all the online proslyting for the church as well as Brother Jackman who was influencial with creating mormon.org. It was a GREAT meeting and I was greatly uplifted and filled with new knowledge, which is always awesome!
 
We had the opportunity to help drywall again which was lots of fun! I think if I had to I could drywall my own home. 'If I had to' is the key phrase ;) haha I always love serving side by side with others and working together to accomplish something worthwhile and benificial :)
 
We met with a new girl this week which was AWESOME! She said she feels like there is something missing in her life and that she has gone and done so many things to fill it and even when she is the happiest she still feels like there is a hole. We taught her about how God calls prophets and how God has called a prophet today and what the Book of Mormon can do for her. She soaked it all in and kept asking awesome questions! It was so much fun because she is a college student and it made me feel like I was back in Bozeman teaching all those college kids! Haha! Every time I teach about the restoration it increases my testimony of the reality of how true it is. That God really does love us and has called a prophet to lead and guide us in these troubled times. That a prophet IS necessary and that God speaks to us today! I'm grateful he does because following the prophets counsel has always brought me happiness and direction!
 
The members here are AMAZING and Polson is beautiful. Pretty chilly morning in the low 40's and they are expecting snow to come pretty soon. Going to be another winter wonderland this year! Haha
 
I LOVE y'all and think of y'all often!
 
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment