Monday, September 26, 2011

IT'SSSSS MY BERPHDAYYYYYYYY!!!

Sorry it's taken me so long to email y'all! Y'all probably thought I forgot about y'all :/ Trust me I didn't, I've just been celebrating my birthday! I AM definitely lucky to be celebrating my birthday on p-day. Started out at 6:20 am when we ate breakfast with one of my favorite families here, so far! Actually their 14 year old son just pulled his ac joint out as well last week like Preston! But they made me french toast and bacon :) MMMM ...It was awesome! Then Sister T made me a homemade Huckleberry cheesecake and I ate a slice for breakfast as well ;) She said I had to eat the entire thing soon! I couldn't pass it up! haha Of course we did our cleaning and what not and hung our laundry out on the line which I LOVE doing! I don't know why though...Then a member took us to the musuem here and it was AWESOME! I realized I don't do good in museums because I like to touch everything...I had to just keep my hands in my pockets! haha They took us to the Pizza Hut buffett which was GREAT because I haven't had pizza in FOREVER, but also bad, because we went down to the main part of the reservation in Pablo and played basketball for about 2 hours straight! It was SO much fun! Interesting as well, because at first they wouldn't give me the ball or nothin', so what did I do? I DID WORK and what do you know, they gave it to me left and right ;) It was just a blast! So that's my explanation for taking so long to email. But tonight we're having ribs and more homemade cheesecake at another AWESOME families home :)
 
This week has been amazing! I felt we could have done more but over all we had a blast and DID WORK! It was filled with meeting new people and providing service...my favorite thing to do! :) One thing that has been reaffirmed to me is that EVERYTHING that happens to us happens for a specific reason. So Thursday we were volunteered to help in the soup kitchen and guess what they had us do?! Bus and wash dishes. I now know why I took that cheesy job working at Spring Creek BBQ for a cheap $5.25 an hour! It was so I could rock at washin' dishes!! :) haha It was so much fun and we were flyin' through those dishes!
 
I also learned to follow the promptings of the spirit again. We went and visited this family, turned out they were active and I found out they were down in Bozeman when Elder Christofferson came for their stake conference. Well, the questions I asked her were to prepare her for her talk she gave in church yesterday! It was REALLY cool!
 
We had the opportunity to go to Kalispell on Friday for Zone Training which is ALWAYS a pleasure to be around President Gardner! Learned so much and found ways I want to become better and do even more! If I haven't mentioned lately, my mission is AMAZING! There was something I heard the other day that hit me as well. Everyone always tells me about how this is a great experience for me and how much I will learn and what not, but what I heard hit a lot deeper than any of those comments. It was, "You don't go on a mission for yourself, you go on a mission to bless others lives!" It's so true, too! I didn't come on my mission for me, I came out here for the people in Montana! To serve, to bless, to support, to lift, to encourage and pick up those who are down. Not so I could learn more or have a good experience. I could have done that somewhere else or some other way. I LOVE MY MISSION AND THE PEOPLE IN IT :)
 
So funny story, we helped the youth clean up a section of the highway they have adopted and in the process 2 young men wanted to look at this truck over a 3 railed fence. Well, before that I had slipped and fell down the hill a bit and a piece of grass went straight through my hand!  (that stretchy piece between your thumb and pointer finger) It went SO deep and I was bleeding like crazy already. haha! So as we were going over this fence... WHAM! I broke the top post and fell through the next 2 and broke the fence! Whoopsie! The youth were laughing so hard! I've got to admit it probably looked pretty funny! haha Needless to say, the human body is amazing and my hand is fine and my self confidence is back ;) haha
 
As we were tracting this week we saw this guy out smokin'. Thought we should go talk to him. Come to find out he is trying to get a record deal rappin'. So of course I told him to spit some and he just started flowin'! haha Made me feel like I was back home with some of my brothas, but he has no belief in God or nothin' really. We had a good conversation with him and he told us to come back. I love finding people who are struggling in life and then when we teach them the gospel, they begin to shine, they lighten up as they accept our message :) I know the gospel of Jesus Christ really can bless our lives. It surely has for mine! :)
 
Church this week was AMAZING! We did SOO much! We passed the sacrament, sang a hymn too, taught sunday school, taught sharing time and then helped stack all the chairs up after church! The members are embracing us here and LOVE that we're here! It's SO much fun to work with all of them :) In sunday school we talked about sharing what we know and getting to know new people! So many of us get used to hangin' out and doing stuff with the same old people. Who said you can't have more friends and do stuff with other people? We talked about being that PERFECT neighbor we want and expanding our comfort zone. We will just say we definitely got people out of there comfort zone in class and they liked it! haha I would encourage all to branch out and actually get to know your neighbors! Talk to someone new and offer to help in some way. It's amazing the reponses we will receive as we are seeking to love and serve our fellow men :)
 
"Love one another, as I have loved you!"
 
I LOVE y'all so very much! Thank you SOOO much for all the birthday gifts and wishes! :) Felt like y'all are here with me singin' and havin' a good ole' time with me! :)
 
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment