Monday, August 6, 2012

Home

To answer some of your questions, here you go...
   -I did get my release date. It's October 25, 2013.
   -My new address is 248 1/2 Main St. Hamilton, Montana  59840. We live right on main street in an appartment; which is a blast! haha
    
This week has got to be the best week I've had on my mission :) Welcoming in all the new missionaries for the last time for me was such a blast, especially knowing that one of them was going to be mine. I told President that we were both in tune with the spirit because 2 weeks previous, as I was looking at their pictures, I told Elder Steinicke, "I'm going to train Elder Thawley, watch!" And as each of them opened their assignments, I got Elder Thawley!! It was such a blast to bring them all in, especially with President Mecham, and seeing how 2 mission presidents did the whole thing. It was a sad goodbye as I left Billings but super exciting as I left for Hamilton with 4 new missionaries in our truck! haha Dropped a few off along the way and finished the rest off in Missoula where a family feeds all the new missionaries their first meal. So it was a party for sure! :) haha Eventually, got down to Hamilton Wednesday evening and got to work! Met with the ward mission leader right off the bat and then saw the Shepherd's, my first baptisms on my mission! Brother Shepherd busted down the door practically and picked me off the ground and was just as stoked as I was!  :)
 
I must say the reunion I've had these past few days with so many people here has been incredible. I believe every missionary wonders if they've made an impact or a difference in the areas they served in but really never fully know if they did. I have been SO blessed to return to Hamilton and work with so many people I came to love so many months ago. It's hard not to talk or write about it without tearin' up or smilin' so big :D Church just topped it all off for me yesterday :) I just LOVE the people here in Hamilton and LOVE that I'm with Elder Thawley!
 
It feels so great to be a "real missionary" again and not have so many responsibilities, and merely be able to focus on the work and training. Been ridin' bikes, hittin' up main street and talkin' to everyone :) It's everything I hoped it would be! Excited for what this next week entails :) I love y'all so much and think about y'all often!
 
-Elder Parr
 
p.s. You're probably freakin' out that I said my release date was in 2013. Probably thought I just typed it wrong or something, but I did it on purpose ;) hehe Only have so much longer I can do that. It's October 25, 2012 this year! ;) You should be gettin' a letter soon with my flight plans and things like that shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment