Monday, August 20, 2012

YAY!

Let me just tell you that I can't get enough of this work! Even when weeks
are tough or feel super long, by the end of the day, I can't help but
lay down at night and think to myself, "Wow! This work is hard but
it's soo much fun!" I absolutely LOVE being out among people making
them smile and sharing the most remarkable message that has brought me
so much happiness and joy. I JUST LOVE IT :)

We've had a ton of sweet experiences this week but I would like to
just share 2 thoughts with y'all today!

This first is about the names that we represent throughout our lives.
Everyone has a name and that's who they are known by for the rest of
their lives, unless they decide to legally change it, like one guy we
met a few weeks ago named Dancing Bear! HAA! Well, you may think your name
doesn't mean too much, but it means a lot to everyone else; that's for
sure. I can't tell you how many people I've met that I've asked if
they've known someone and they either get super excited because they
are a great person or get ticked because of something they did to
them. Haha! I think anyone who is ticked is hilarious, though ;)
Anyways, I feel it is important that we remember who we are and that we
represent ourselves and our families ALL the time! A name we often
forget that we represent though, is that of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Each of us, when we were baptized, covenanted with God to take upon
ourselves the name of Christ and to be a witness of Him. It's
especially important to remember that our actions should represent and
be in line with the things the Savior would do. So always remember
that you represent Jesus Christ and your family in all that you do!

The second thing I wanted to share kind of goes along with the whole
name thing and that is about our family motto, "Parr's Never Quit!"
I've thought a lot about this motto of ours this week and received
some added insight, besides that we finish all that we do and we never
give up. I think one of the major things with this is that...
Parr's never quit on each other!
We're a family and will always be one;
regardless of what happens. I've seen so many families who are broken
or split up and who fight and bicker and all that lame stuff. We're
not like that. We support each other. We lift each other. We're
patient with one another and most of all we love each other. Families
are ordained of God. If they are to be successful we must keep God in
them and do what will allow us to receive the spiritual strength that
we need. So know that I'm never givin' up on any one of y'all :) I love
y'all so much!

So I'm sure y'all are countin' down the days and it's just drivin' y'all
bonkers that I'm almost finished but you'll just have to be patient a
little bit longer ;) hehe Trust me, I can't wait to see y'all again
though! As I haven't thought much about what I will do when I get
home, besides start back school in January, I wanted each of y'all to
start making a list of things I need to do or places I need to go
with y'all, or really just ANYTHING you think I need to do when I get
home. The reason is so I don't get into trouble when I get back! haha
I'm gonna' need things to do so if all of y'all want to make a big list
that would be awesome! :) Then y'all can give me them when I get back
sometime, if I ever do ;) JK

Well, we're going to go hike up some of these sweet mountains here
today, so I hope all is well and that y'all are having an AWESOME day!

-Elder Justin Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment