Monday, June 4, 2012

Life is a Highway!


What a crazy, wild week it's been so far!!! I want to start by wishing the twins a Happy Day Late Birthday Wish!! Y'all are gettin' so old now! I was thinkin' the other day that when I get home y'all could pick me up and drive me home. RIDICULOUS to think about that! Y'all are gettin' too big!

 I have driven over 1,200 miles this week! Yeah, that's a longgggg way for sure! We left Tuesday afternoon for Bigfork, Mt and didn't get home 'til late saturday evening! The time was spent with wonderful team-ups and meetings and exciting experiences :)
Bigfork, Mt is beautiful and is just north of Polson, where I used to serve, so I got to stop in and see a few people, which was awesome, and then got to spend a day with Elder Hanson, one of the missionaries that I came out with :) We had a blast and did lots of good work! We had lunch with their host family, which is the one that sent you that picture mom! Haha. Hope you enjoyed that little surprise ;) After our time in Big Fork we headed to Missoula and spent a day there and had zone conference; which was amazing! It was funny there because the missionaries have never met their neighbors before because the people keep
to themselves, but I met ALL of them while I stayed there! Haha Helped one of them move in and ran into the other 2 couples as they were getting our of their cars. Super nice people! Early the next morning we headed to Helena for another meeting! Right after we booked it over to Great Falls for team-ups with Elder Owens and Henriksen :) Did lots of service there like helping someone move and going to Belt, Mt to volunteer at a Rodeo! The things we get to do for service in Montana is so much fun! Belt is just an itty bitty town with lots of cowboys! Learned a lot about bull ridin' in the process of helping out which was cool :) We headed home after that and didn't get
back 'til late and boy was it good to sleep in our beds again! :)

It was a pretty spiritual week as well as we were able to attend a baptism in Great Falls. I just love being in an environment that allows the Spirit to be present :) Church was a miraculous experience as well! So many people came out of the wood work. It  was way incredible! People we had met or have been workin' with for awhile came to church; which was awesome! One gentleman, who we have been teaching his son and is going to get baptized this coming week, came to church for the first time in 4 years and bore his testimony! Very neat! I think my favorite experience at church though was a woman who came up to us and told us about a tender situation where her daughters baby was born with cancer and isn't doing well.

This experience reminds me of the story from Matthew 9:20-22
 20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
 21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.
 22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.)

The lady who spoke to us had complete faith that if her grand daughter received a blessing that she would be healed. Honestly, I've never seen someone with more faith than that woman speaking to us. She was so sincere! I will NEVER forget that woman and what she taught me from her faith!

Life is just incredible right now and the Lord is so good to us here! I love y'all so much!! I hope y'all enjoy all the pictures I sent!

-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment