Monday, June 25, 2012

See the need, Do the deed!

FAMILIA!!!!

WHAT AN AWESOME WEEK IT HAS BEEN!!!

Tuesday we welcomed in 13 new Elders and 1 Sister! Sister Vaka is from Tonga and it is her first time being in America. She is probably the funniest person I ever met! She was tellin' me in Tonga that they all want to come to America on their mission because when they do, they tell their family they are going to the promised land! haha Plus she has the BEST laugh ever :) They were a wonderful group filled with excitement and enthusiasm. I took one of them out tracting with me, one that was very shy and quite. Learned a very valuable lesson from that experience! The first door we knocked on this huge dog came runnin' to the door barkin' and what not and he said, "That's a big dog!" I replied, "Sure is! We call them the Montana doorbell because everyone has one." After sayin' that I realized that he was shakin' in his shoes...literally. Went to the next few doors and the same thing happened. Fear in his eyes and shakin' everytime he would see the dog run to the door. After about 5 doors I said, "Elder, don't worry about these dogs. If ANY dog comes out of these doors and tries to get you I'll punch him right in the nose for you! I won't let 'em get you!" He said, "Thanks" and never shaked after that. Funny, simple experience but helped me learn a lot! Many people around us need the assurance that we care about them and are there whatever the circumstance may be. Make sure you let those around you know that you love and care about them :)
 
Well Tuesday was filled with lots of excitement but not so sure if it was more than on Wednesday. Wednesday we spent the day with 20 Elders and Sisters who were going home. One of them being Elder Miller! We had a great day with them and had a western departing meal all out of dutch ovens! Elder Robison who is one of our senior missionaries, along with his wife, cooked a wonderful meal :) Check out the picture of all the dutch ovens stacked up! Such a sweet way to cook :) Sad as each of them shared their last words and testimony. Probably the first group I've been closest to that have gone home. 
 
The rest of the week was filled with tons of wonderful stories and experiences, one I want to share with y'all. One of the people we have been trying to see from the church for the longest time, we finally got a hold of. He told us that his family has been strugglin' lately and they have just kept to themselves. His brother was beat to death, and the same day he was buried his aunt passed away. Many others have passed away recently and it has just taken a toll on him and his family. He said while we were sittin' outside, "The sun is shining so bright, but I'm filled with darkness. I'm not myself and I just want to be happy again!" We had a tender experience with him but felt so good to bring peace and comfort to him at this time and see a smile on his face and have him laughing before we left :) I know that the only peace and comfort that can heal a wounded heart comes from our Savior Jesus Christ and what he has done for each of us :) I'm so grateful for that truth I have come to know and the opportunities I have to share it with others :)

 
Well, President Gardner leaves this week and President Mecham will be here Thursday. Just saddlin' up and gettin' ready for the transition :)

I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment