Monday, May 28, 2012

Glory, Hallelujah!

I have had such an amazing week! Last week on Monday we spent our lunch time with a young man who joined the church less than a year ago and JUST got his mission call! He is going to RUSSIA!!!!! The farthest east in Russia as possible too. We went to the only mexican restaurant here in Billings, I think, that slightly compares to mexican food there. It's called Sarah's and I just laugh because it doesn't even sound like a mexican place! We talked about all the crazy things that he will do and found out he has to leave every 3 months to South Korea so he can renew his visa! How crazy is that?! A typical winter day there is about  -40 too! He told us that it takes 4 months to get a package there, so he thought about sending himself a package now so it will be there when he gets there! Going foreign is incredible but not as good as being called to serve in Montana ;) hehee

I met my favorite 2 year old in the  entire world; I'm pretty sure! His name is Dequisyan Little Sun! Like I said he is 2 years old, 3 feet tall and about 50-60 pounds! He has the sweetest rat tail you've EVER seen and is part african american, white, hispanic AND native! He is going to be HUGE when he gets older! His head is so hard and strong, that's how he gets his way! Haha He runs up to you and starts head buttin' you and hittin' you with his head! haha!

We had the opportunity to go on team-ups 3 times this week which was a blast! The first was with my boy Elder Greco! He is from North Carolina and I think just about the neatest person I've ever met! He came out with me, as well, so he is that much better ;) We had a blast and talked to soo many people, including a group of about 7 high school students who said, "Why are y'all so dressed up?" and we said, "Why are y'all so underdressed and saggin'?!" haha jk but we gave 'em a good time and we talked for awhile. Kind of disappointed and sad though, because as we asked each of them (many were seniors) what they were going to do next year the majority of them said they were just going to drink and party around at college. Sad to see youth choose not to be successful and instead do things that will only cause them grief and a lack of success :/ We left them with some encouraging words and hopefully impacted them in some way.  Also went on team-ups with Elder Savage and Elder Stauffer! I must say we have some incredible missionaries here! We did lots of good work and had tons of good laughs! 

Friday night was pretty awesome! We had a little private fireside with Elder Terrance Smith from the quorum of the Seventy! We invited tons of people to come and it was an awesome meeting! He spoke on the Book of Mormon and how to recognize the spirit. It was a wonderful experience to be at the feet of such a man and to learn so much. I testify that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God! Its' pages are filled with the words of Christ and helps those who sincerely read to draw closer to God. It's changed my life so much! Even though I DON'T LIKE to read AT ALL, the Book of Mormon is one book I actually look forward to pickin' up and reading because it inspires me to do good and to make changes in my life that would allow me to strengthen my relationship with God. I invite any who have debated on reading the Book of Mormon or believe it's not true, to learn of the history of how it came to pass and to pick it up and to actually read and ponder it's message!

Saturday was an amazing day! We had a wonderful baptism for a young man who is 17 years old and is on the ball! His mom, who is not a member of the church, attended and balled the entire time. It's so hard to deny something that is so uplifting and positive like making a covenant with God! I'm so proud of him and his desire to do the will of the Father! 

You could just say I'm on top of the world right now and lovin' every second of my mission! Things are going so great and everyone is joining in here in Billings, Montana!! 

"True greatness, always requires regular, consistent, small and sometimes ordinary and mundane steps over a long period of time."  -Howard W. Hunter

If you ever want to stop, remember, "PARR'S NEVER QUIT!"

LOVE Y'ALL SOOOO MUCH!
-Elder Justin Parr

1 comment:

  1. Haha I was looking up this little boy's name to see if he was named after anyone famous (very unique name) and your blog came up. I was one of his preschool teachers. :) You described him very well...what a character!!

    ReplyDelete