Monday, June 11, 2012

YIPEEEEE!

So, first off I have some crazy news!!! There is an Elder Hunter in our mission and the other day while I was around him he was like, "Elder Parr do you know the Bush's from back home?" And I replied and asked if he was referring to Greg and Ronnie from Grand Prairie 1st Ward and he WASSSS! Come to find out they are actually cousins and spent quite a bit of time together! Pretty crazy, huh? That's like one of the only connections I've made since being in Montana to anyone I knew back home! 

Had the wonderful opportunity to go and spend some time down in Wyoming this week which was a TON of fun! I like the Big Horn Basin a LOT better than the portion I drove through with Jeff the first time I drove through Wyoming! Haha We had 2 great zone conferences and lots of teamups; which are always a blast! I LOVE getting to spend time with all the missionaries in our mission and getting to know them all a bit better :) All of the Zone Conferences we've had this transfer have been centered around the movie "17 Miracles" which has been sweeeeeet! It's President Gardner's last ones so he definitely went out with a big bang! He taught us something that was so profound and something that impacted me so much! It's what we call the "Divine Center"! I won't teach it to y'all now but please remind me first thing when I get home because I want to share it with y'all :)

 

As you can see from the pictures I've seen some pretty gorgeous scenes this past week as well. I must say, I serve in one of the most beautiful places in the world! Can't wait to take y'all around. It's funny because a 4 hour road trip is like a piece of cake now and feels like nothing!

One experience I would like to share with y'all is one I had preparing for my talk last Sunday! Elder Miller and I were asked to speak in sacrament meeting and I was asked to speak on using our agency to be engaged in a good cause. I want to share a poem that was shared with me that I read and feel summarizes that point very well! It's called
"I WILL"

"I will do more than belong, I will participate.
I will do more than care, I will help.
I will do more than believe, I will practice
I will do more than forgive, I will forget.
I will do more than teach, I will inspire.
I will do more than dream, I will work.
I will do more than give, I will serve.
I will do more than earn, I will enrich.
I will do more than live, I will grow.
I will do more than be fair, I will be kind.
I will do more than be friendly, I will be a friend."




I sure love y'all and pray for y'all daily :)
Stay strong and remember to choose the right and be engaged in a good cause!


-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment