Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunshine and Smiles :)

Funny story! A companionship got doubled into Poplar (one of the gnarliest reservations) and called us up. In talking with one of the members of the branch up there, who happens to be a tribal policeman, they found out that there are three major legal consequences for breaking the law:
  • Serve jail time
  • Pay a fine
  • Or my favorite, a court ordered MMA cage fight! 
Apparently, they can stick the criminals in the ring with Bone Saw for 3 min. as compensation for their criminal conduct. The rez is the real deal!  ;)

We had an awesome week this week but very busy! We had leadership meetings here in Billings as well as Helena! The trip to Helena was crazy because we were up late that night getting everything in order and ready for our meeting for the next day and I got to drive the TRANSFER the whole way! Haha President Gardner was my co-driver and the rest of the van was packed with missionaries. It was an awesome trip and wonderful meetings! I'm beginning to realize just how big our mission really is now that I've had the wonderful opportunity to travel all over it! I LOVE MONTANA and can't wait to take y'all all over it! 

I've learned more this week than ever that you MUST strive to improve each day or procrastination and complacency settle in and you find yourself just rottin' in a pot going nowhere! Haha The concept of work is so real. Without it nothing happens. At least in my experience, I've never been able to sit back in a lazyboy and say, "Wow! I really want that" and then continue to sit in my lazyboy and it just appear. Like I always say, Hard work pays off! 

I love y'all so much and hope each day for y'all is just remarkable! Remember to live it like your last! Remember who you are and what you stand for and DO WORK! Love reminding myself when a thought comes into my head, "Psh...Parr's don't do that!" 

LOVE Y'ALL!

-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment