Monday, September 12, 2011

I pick up dimes ;)


I would say this week has been WONDERFUL!! :) I've driven SOOO much though this week; all over the place! I've realized how similiar Montana is to Texas, even in distances! haha So Tuesday night I left Polson and drove to Kalispell and got there about 9pm. Then took a shower in this bath tub which was CRAZY! haha No shower curtain or anything (attached a picture) and had to use half a water bottle to shower with. Had to be on my knees the whole time or my head would be in the ceiling! haha Then slept on a wood floor and had to be up at 5 in the morning to drive the 3 and a half hour drive to Helena for Leadership Meeting! Good thing leadership is AWESOME! Learned so much and found ways to make my district even better! Very uplifting :) Then headed back the 3 and half hours and then another hour back to Polson and got home late. haha One thing I learned, I'll probably never have fast food again. Had Wendy's for dinner on the way home and it made my stomach hurt so bad! 
 
Earlier on Tuesday was an awesome experience! Visited this couple in their home and began teaching them. His wife began to tell us how these big black spirits would always follow her around in her home and would make her feel bad and that it wasn't a good feeling. It made me really uncomfortable and uneasy and I asked if we could leave a blessing on her home. She agreed and we proceeded and cast out all of those evil spirits in her home. The peace that came after that was tremendous! There is NO doubt in my mind that all things can be done through Christ! It was much better after that :)
 
We had a baptism on Saturday which was amazing! It was for this young girl who was so excited to be baptized! The service was great and a lot of her family came out to support her! After she was baptized she was grinning SOOOO big! I don't know if I've ever seen a smile so big! haha It was awesome!
 
We had stake conference this weekend and guess what?! I sang in the choir! Yeah, can you believe it, me singing in the choir?!!! haha It was actually all the missionaries in the Kalispell Stake :) We sang "Hark All Ye Nations" which was perfect for us :) Very enjoyable and fun! Great messages about how the gospel blesses lives and such :) Made me contemplate how grateful I am for having the gospel in my life as I've grown up and how it's blessed my life for good! There was one quote that I got that was perfect! It goes like this,
 
"Dont step over the dimes to pick up the dollars. Pick up the dimes and the dollars will take care of themselves."
 
Make sure you do the small things in life and the bigger things will come along the way :) I loved it!
 
Yesterday was another long car ride too as we went to Thompson Falls about 2 hours away. Went over there to do a baptism interview for this young man. He is SOO excited to be baptized and to follow God's commandments :) I think he made me more excited than I was as I met with him! His friends who introduced him to the church actually just moved here to Polson and are awesome! As we returned home we visited a part member family. I don't know if I've told yall, but Polson is actually part of the indian reservation here! So the family was part native and had a huge birthday party for their son that we were invited to! It was lots of fun and I spent most the time talking to the great grandpa who is native! Very cool man indeed :) After the party we visited this older lady, who is the sweetest lady in the world! I love grandmas :) haha but her husband passed away back in April and she was getting rid of some of his clothes. She gave me one of his cowboy hats!! I've been wanting to get one my whole mission and now I have one. It's even from Texas and I told her I would wear it with pride! :) She liked that a lot. I've been wearing it every chance I get! We watched a movie with her about her husband and it was touching. It made me think of Grandpa Gormley :) I'm so grateful for all the things he taught me and the example he was. Her husband was very similiar from what I could see. Remember to tell the ones you love that you love them, because you never know what tomorrow will hold!
 
I'm lovin' Polson and can't get enough of it :) I wish each of you were here with me to experience everything with me! Have some of your own, if you would, back at home!  ;)
 
I LOVE Y'ALL!
 
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment