Monday, September 5, 2011

POLSON, BABY!!

It's been the craziest week of my mission yet! I've enjoyed every SECOND of it for sure!



Always doing cartwheels!


Well, I don't remember or not if I told y'all but this transfer has been ALL over the place! Spent the beginning of the week leaving Bozeman and stayed a few days in Great Falls with my boy Elder Mudge! It was so much fun and we hit the streets hard together! I told him president needs to make us companions before our mission is up! Sister B, the sweet lady we lived with, made us pancakes each morning and Elder Mudge said, "She doesn't do this for everyone!" So I felt honored to have her homemade pancakes :) But we had 6 lessons one day with a ton of people contacted and rode bikes; which was awesome! It was just a great, hard workin', fun few days :) While there, we went to Ryan's Dam for lunch one day which was awesome! He has all the pictures. I will try to get them to y'all sometime. As well as Giant Spring! Giant Spring is the shortest river that actually flows into the largest river in the United States! So I saw the longest and shortest rivers in actually less than 4 minutes! Pretty fun!

Elder Parr and Elder White
Then picked up my GOLDEN, Elder White! He is LEGIT! We've done SO much work already it's been amazing! Every night we come home and we are wasted and he says, "Today was AWESOME! Let's do it again tomorrow!?" and I reply, "Yeahhhhh buddy! This is LEGIT!" haha it's a blast :) Well, our road trip from Great Falls to Polson was quite the adventure I must say! Made it without a GPS or phone with 3 greenies! They were asking SOO many questions and were so excited it was so much fun! Dropped 2 off in Missoula as Elder White and I made the rest of the trip to our area by ourselves. Well, night fell quick and the directions we had to Bishop's house were DEFINITELY wrong! haha So we spent the next hour and a half knockin' on doors at 10pm at night saying, "We're SO sorry, but do you have any idea where South Terrace Circle is?" After each house we got a little bit closer 'til one lady got in her car and drove over there as we followed her! She was RIGHT on! Come to find out, she is a less-active member that Bishop has been thinking about going to see! We are going over there tonight to visit with their family! Crazy how the Lord works. If we had good directions we would have never found her before! Well, we arrived at about 10:45 at night and hit the sack quick!

We spent the week unpacking and getting to know the town. Polson is AMAZING! The Lord has definitely prepared many people here for us! We have one baptism set for this Saturday which will be GREAT! It's for a 10 year old young girl who is so comitted to following Christ's example! We are stoked! Also got this awesome referral for this lady who we met with this week! She said she wants to go on a spiritual journey and she wants to do it the right way and learn how to pray! She has NO support from her family, whatsoever, which is sad :/ She came to church though and the testimonies born were definitely JUST for her and we sang "God be with you 'til we meet again" as the closing song and I don't know if i've ever felt the spirit so strong before while we sang together! It's been an awesome week if you can't tell!! So great we even went to the movies this week!! We went on Saturday! Y'all don't believe me, huh? Well, I attached a picture for y'all so you will believe me! The bishop here bought the rights to show the movie "17 Miracles". It is such an inspiring movie and I LOVED it! Don't worry we got permission to see it  ;)

The members here are SO excited to have Elders again! It's pretty wild! haha Yesterday we got some good comments, "You're definitely not as pretty as the sisters!" "Y'all look way better than the sisters." "What did y'all do, cut your hair short and change your voices?" haha It was so much fun meeting all the members here! I'm lovin' it and plan to continue to move the work forward here!

I love each of y'all and let me know if there is anything I can do for y'all! I would be happy to do so!

LOVE Y'ALL!
-ELDER PARR

No comments:

Post a Comment