Monday, September 19, 2011

Can't Get Enough!


Today is September 19th!!!! One day before my 11 month mark! It's ridiculous how fast time goes by! I wish it would just stop for awhile...Anyways, today is a nice, gloomy and rainy morning! It's been awhile since they've had rain here, but I'm sure y'all are in much more need then here! How is everything there? Everyone asks me if y'all have been affected by it and I tell them no. I hope I'm right? I hear the fires are mad down there.
 
Well, we visited this man this week which was interesting. He is hard of hearing and after a surgery can't remember a thing. Couldn't even remember what he ate for breakfast :/ He told us he hadn't had ANYONE come and visit him since he had been there which was in the beginning of the summer. His wife passed away and he is all alone with his fat little dog. We talked with him awhile and then I saw that he had a piano. I asked him if we could play a song for him. Well, I looked in his piano bench and guess what I found?! The EXACT SAME piano book I took lessons from!! It was wild! So I played him a few songs and then Elder White sang while I played Nearer My God To Thee! He loved it and invited us back. Music is such a powerful tool! I can't wait to get home and play duets with Allie on her Oboe! I believe music invites the spirit as fast as a prayer or anything else can :) Thanks for making me practice mom ;)
 
Also last night, we were out tractin' the outskirts of town and ran into this gentleman and his sister. We stood on his front porch for over an HOUR talking to him! He eventually let us in to take a seat. He told us his sister was a concert pianist. So she played a little bit, and then made me play. We eventually got to the point where we were playing together and it was AWESOME! He has the coolest story and the greatest amount of faith I've EVER seen in anyone. He was a huge weight lifter/body builder until he found out he had throat cancer. After multiple surgeries, he was ready to die. He told us of his experience and that he put all his faith in God. His story is amazing and he is now living his life helping others :) There are truly some amazing and inspiring people in the world today :)
 
I had a cool experience listening to the spirit this week which was awesome! I felt we needed to go see this couple in the church. Well, he was sleeping and she was busy. I was confused because I thought they were the ones we were supposed to see. We drove around and I looked for anything that would catch my eye. Nuthin'. I knew there was someone to see though. I went down on some other street and called bishop to find out who else lived over there. He told me of this fellow and I was like, "Yeah! That's him!" So we drove to his home and knocked on his door. Nuthin'. Wasn't home. I was stumped. Then, as we walked back to the truck I saw a home with the t.v. and just thought, "Maybe that's the house?" We knocked on this door and this lady answered it with the THICKEST SOUTHERN ACCENT I've ever heard! I said, "You're from the south! Where at?" And come to find out she's from Louisiana. She had been thinking about our church with Mit Romney running for president and wanted to learn more. It was awesome and when I left I told Elder White, "I knew there was someone here waiting for us!" It was great :) Makes me realize God is mindful of us every moment in our life!
 
Did some GREAT yard work for a family this week which was great! Even got to use a weed eater again! Boy has it been a LONG time since I used one! haha! We fixed up their lawn SO nice and it was exactly what I needed, too :)
 
Had the wonderful opportunity to go to GLACIER NATIONAL PARK! Got approval from President to go with the youth! The youth went and did baptisms for the dead at the temple in Canada and we just met them at the Park afterwards, since we couldn't leave the US. Haha! It was an awesome experience to take a mile and a half hike with all of them and talk to them all the way up about things they are going through, how to prepare for a mission, and all that good stuff. When we got to the top we gave a short lesson about God's creations which was great! Saw tons of wildlife too! Mountain goats, had a chipmunk in my hand and a ton of marmets! It was a blast and the youth LOVED it!
Elder White and Elder Parr








 



The mission is awesome and I'm lovin' every second of it! 
When you're in the service of your God, it's truly the greatest thing anybody could ever do! :)
 
I love and miss each of you!
 
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment