Monday, July 9, 2012

Get up and GO!

Where do I start?! This week feels like it's been one of the fastest,
but one of the longest, because what I did last Monday feels like so
long ago! haha

We had dinner with a family this week who are awesome! They have 3 little
boys and I have to say they are 3 of my favorite kids! They just run
around the house with their shirts off and are just the coolest boys!
Haha I mean they all have 8 packs and they are all under 9 years old!
While eating dinner their mother shared a story with us about them
earlier that day! She said the boys thought the little prairie dogs
were going to eat them so after they chased it into the hole they
filled it with dirt and wet on it! Haha I was laughing so hard I
almost spit all my water out!

We had the opportunity to help out at our 4th of July pancake
breakfast here in Billings which was super fun! Lots of good food but
no sweet game of ultimate frisbee after :/ We spent the rest of the
day visiting people who didn't have family or who were just all alone.
Such a good feeling to bring company and sunshine to people who are
just down and discouraged and put a smile on their face :) I LOVE what
I do! The evening was spent out in Laurel, Montana where they have a
HUGE firework show! That event in itself, helped me realize that I'm
not missing out on too much in the world ;) haha Awesome firework show
though!

We began our travels around the south and east part of our mission the
following day, which is beginning to grow on me :) It's definitely
some beautiful country.
Wyoming was our first stop! Great group of
missionaries down there! I hope to be able to see some of the pioneer
sites there next time! The building we met in is the 2nd largest
stake center...supposedly! It was HUGE! Met a fellow Texan in their
small little grocery store too, which was great! Also made our way out
to Glendive, Montana! Drove 406 miles that day including a 6 hour
meeting! Fun stuff if you ask me :)

 

I would say the greatest moment this week by far was the experience we
had with this man named G! G is in his early 50's and is just in
a super rough spot in his life. He has been in and out of the hospital
for the past 15 months with various medical issues and most recently,
his wife left him and a week ago, came through the house and trashed
the whole place with paper work and such EVERYWHERE! He was at the end
of his rope for sure and was so overwhelmed :/ We offered to help and
he graciously accepted! We spent 2 and a half hours sticking paper into
boxes and stacking them up for him. It was so hot since there was
little AC and it was a hot day, but SOOO much fun! I can't tell you
how many people are out there that need us! Remember the words of
Christ, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another;
as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." I'm a firm
believer that we should seek out opportunities to serve and help
others and not merely just wait for someone to come to us! I pray each
of you will find someone in need and share the strength and support
you have to offer with them :) Sure love y'all!
-elder parr

No comments:

Post a Comment