Monday, July 23, 2012

Cool Experiences

What an awesome week it has been! I feel I say that every week but
it's so true :)

Really cool experience this week! Testimony to me of how important it
is to have the Spirit with you at all times. So Another Elder and
myself were out knockin' doors about 5 weeks ago. A lady we met was
going through some really rough times. She expressed how she lost her
son 4 years ago in a house fire who was 21 and how she was in so much
pain physically and emotionally. She didn't look happy at all and was
filled with sorrow and sadness. We didn't leave until she was smiling
and was content with her life and knew there was hope. Interesting,
because she shared a story how shortly after her sons passing she was
in the kitchen washing dishes and began to say out loud, "There is no
God!" Just a few seconds later, DING DONG! Her doorbell went off and
there stood the missionaries, who brought her comfort and talked with
her for 3 hours. Very memorable for her! Anyways, back to the story. I
felt to call her up to see how she was doing and it was actually her
50th birthday and she was all by herself and had nobody to be with :/
So we told her we would bring her some ice cream and celebrate and
have a lesson afterwards! It's a moment I don't think I'll EVER
forget. I know it wasn't a coincidence I felt to call her when I did.
Really cool!

The rest of the week has been crazy as we're getting ready for
transfers this next week and getting all the logistics down :)

I'm so excited with
everything everyone is up to and accomplishing :) Summer is flyin' by
so y'all better live it up with the rest you have!

Here are some fun pictures from this morning :)
as well as one from Saturday! It was Brother Popp's baptism and he
asked me to baptize him which has got to be one of the coolest
experiences EVER! I taught him when I was in the West Park Ward for a
long time!

SURE LOVE Y'ALL!!!

-Elder Parr




No comments:

Post a Comment