Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Opportunities!

Well, as all of y'all have cheated and found out that I'm being transferred to Billings, I guess that's not new news for y'all! Haha!! What is new though is that I will be serving with my trainer, Elder Miner again! I'm so stoked and ready to tear it up again with him! I will also be serving as a Zone Leader there in the east side of Billings. Don't know what's in store with that but whatever it is I'm ready for it :) I will have the opportunity to be very close to the mission home and President Gardner, go to the temple as well as being in a district with the Assitants to the President :) I'm stoked! At the same time though I am very bummed. Leaving an area is like leaving y'all again. It's like leaving a family behind and starting to find another one. I will miss every one here in Polson and the majority of them want me to come live here! HA! I told them I didn't know about living here but I will definitely be vacationing here with y'all! So, my new address is...
 
2023 Wilshire
Billings, Mt 59102
 
Or you can just send it to the mission home because I will be super close.
 
1848 Rimrock Rd
Billings, Mt 59102
 
My week has been amazing! I've spent it doing my best to touch the lives that I could for the remainder of my time here in Polson :) I have enjoyed serving here SOOOO much you don't even know! As I have had the opportunity to touch the lives of those around me, many times they touch my life as well and I learn so much!
 
A couple we found who has let us in found out that we are only allowed to call home twice a year and talk to our families. I tried to explain it the best I could to help her understand. I think it's a sacrifice worth making to leave our families to go out into the world to unite and bring other families closer together and to teach them how the gospel can bless each of their lives. There isn't a thing I would rather be doing right now!
 
So, I've attached a few pictures, most of which being our New Year celebration :) We celebrated at a families home which I love! He reminds me of Uncle Lary and she reminds me of Aunt Franci :) They are AWESOME! Anyways, they had all their kids home and we celebrated by lighting 2 voltswagon engine casings on fire! WOW! It was sweet!! They were so bright and lit up the entire shoreline pretty much :) It was tons of fun and everyone there enjoyed themselves.
 
Something that stuck out at church yesterday I wanted to share with you is this... The sister spoke about commitment. The first part was that we don't need to become "someone" but rather become "something". It inspired me to do more to become an example of our Savior. To become reliable, trustworthy, dedicated and all those other wholesome attributes. So I would encourage each of you to become something this new year, whatever it may be, as long as it's good ;) The other thing that inspired me was that we need to look forward to the future with hope. To remember the good things in our lives that have happened, forget the bad and look forward seeking to have better opportunities and accomplishments :) If I had to shorten it all up I would just tell y'all to DO WORK! haha
 
Busy day ahead with packing and all the other stuff that goes along with being transferred!
 
Sure do love y'all!
-Elder Parr
 
p.s. I get from Polson to Billings by getting on the 15 passenger van that the mission has that takes all of us where we need to go along with our luggage :) I will leave tomorrow morning and will be there by tomorrow afternoon :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment