Monday, January 9, 2012

Home Sweet Home!

Haha! I say that because when I got my call to come to Billings, President Gardner said, "So you ready to come home Elder Parr?" At first I thought he meant come home to Texas but now I know what he meant! Billings is truly home for our mission and home for me now :) The early part of the week was wild because we had TONS of missionaries here and we were in charge of finding a place for them to stay, meals to eat and work to do. It was lots of fun though, being around all the missionaries and I got to spend a few nights with my boy Elder White! It was great because I got to attend the greenie breakfast. That's the huge breakfast they make for all the new missionaries and the ones who are around Billings! SOOO good :) We took an awesome picture of 4 of us. From left to right it's, Elder Miner who trained me. I trained Elder  White and Elder White is training Elder Wasden! It was so sweet! 4 generations of missionaries right there!
 
Elder Miner, Elder Parr, Elder White, Elder Wasden
 
This week has been an AWESOME one! I've met so many people and have been able to do SOOOO much :) We taught over 33 lessons, which is a high for me on my mission. Elder Miner and I are just tearin' it up and helpin' everyone we meet. It's amazing! Nothin' better than being the Lord's representative and serving everyone!
 
So, a cool experience... We live right close to the hospital and we get called multiple times a week to go give blessings to those in need there. We have given 4 blessings since I've been here this week. I can honestly say my testimony has been renewed in the power of the priesthood! I don't think there is any better feeling than walking into a hospital with the purpose of blessing one of God's children. I'm grateful that God's authority has been restored to the earth and that those who hold the priesthood worthily can bless the lives of His children. I also have learned, to a greater degree, of how blessings work. Blessings are REAL and they are given upon FAITH. I think back to the new testament in which Christ performed MANY miracles and blessings; even rose some from the dead. Tremendous and miraculous events I would say. They didn't happen just because Christ did them. No, not at all. They happened as the people believed and had faith that they would be healed. Here are a few examples...
 
Matthew 9:2 - And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

Matthew 9:22 - But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Matthew 9:29 - Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.


Matthew 15:28 - Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
 
The power of faith can be evident in each of our lives as we trust in the Lord and the promises He has made to each of us as we are obedient to His commandments! I pray for each of you daily and hope all is well back home! I'm doing wonderful and lovin' every second of my mission :)  I LOVE Y'ALL!
 
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment