Monday, January 23, 2012

Can't Help But Smile :)

So this week has been WONDERFUL! There have been sooooo many things that the Lord has blessed Elder Miner and I with! 

I guess I could start out with a few funny stories to get y'all smilin' :) Haha!

So we were in the home of a family teaching and the woman's children were just all over the place! I had no problem focusing because I'm used to little brothers and sisters being everywhere while I'm trying to do something ;) Well, one of the boys, who is about 4, was way wild and causing trouble and crying and upset. I said, "JB, come here boy!" So he slowly walked over to me still crying and sad. I placed him on my thigh and patted his back and he stopped crying. He was just tired so I just laid him on the couch to fall asleep and put a jacket over him. His legs were still kind of over mine a bit. So later on as we were coming to an end of our lesson I went to move his legs off of me. I felt that his sweat pants were wet and thought, "That's weird, he hasn't been playin' outside?" Smelt my hand and then my pants and yep, I'm sure you guessed it, he had wet his pants and had soaked my leg! I looked at him and asked, "JB did you wet your pants?" He nodded his head yes with a kind of gloomy look on his face. Hahahaha! I couldn't help but laugh at what had happened and Elder Miner was dumb founded Haha! I think the worst part was that day it was -12 degrees and so immediately going outside my pant leg was frozen solid! Haha 

So another moment this week; we were helping a couple get their car out of the slush and were successful. As we waited on the corner of the street afterwards to cross the road, I watched a black navigator down the street. He slowly crept close to the curb and just as he was passing us, WHAM! Hit a HUGE pile of slush which totally splashed us! Elder Miner was ticked and I was just laughing so hard and was like, "That was awesome!" as we ran across the street before we got hit! Haha Call me crazy but with everything bad that happened I couldn't help but smile and laugh :) 

From my stories you probably guessed that it snowed and got cold. It did and we got about a foot with temperatures to -12! I was freezin' but that didn't stop us from gettin' out and doing work! One specific day was the coldest and we decided to get out there and tract a bit. We had no idea where we were going but decided to get out and walk around. We walked around and then started knocking doors. No answer, no answer, then "Come in it's cold outside!" This older couple let us in and I can tell you it was the Lord leading us to them because they are searching for truth and want some answers. Her father passed away awhile ago and she has been searching so hard to find out about what happens after this life. I'm so grateful that God has revealed His wonderful Plan of Happiness for us that we can understand and know what happens to us and our loved ones after this life! That the life after is just as real as the one we live today!

Met with a woman who is Chinese, the same one that fed us that tendon last week! She shared her experience of how she came to believe in God. I think it's much more interesting that most people but she began to go to church just so she could learn english! Eventually, she began to learn more and came to a knowledge for herself! I thought it was wonderful because she said, "I have a chinese friend that doesn't believe in God and I want her to! I just don't know how to teach her!" When we truly become converted we have a desire to share it with our friends and family and those around us :) I've heard a lot lately about how, as missionaries, we are messengers sent to people. I would definitely agree but don't forget that YOU can be a messenger to those around you as well! YOU can be an instrument in God's hand to help someone else! Look for opportunities to do so each and every day :)

Well, weather has warmed up now and everything is melting which doesn't bother me :)


I sure do love y'all!
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment