Monday, January 16, 2012

Bye Bye Summer :/

 So since winter has officially started here in Montana it really hasn't been the "average" winter. Not really any snow and highs in the 50's most of the time. Well, that all ended this morning when we woke up, sadly :/ Woke up to 2 inches of snow with it being 6 degrees outside! Montana Winter is here!!! I sure don't enjoy the cold but I'm not going to lie, we make it fun; especially since we're out in it 24/7 pretty much. I love when it snows because I have ENDLESS possibilities to shovel snow and do service, which is AMAZING!
Justin and Mattie


Anyways, not to drag you down with the cold weather but I hope and pray Mattie will survive in Idaho! I wrote her a letter today so hopefully that warms her up a bit if anything else won't ;) Haha!


This week was much better than last week :) As you know last week was pretty awesome, so this week was AMAZING! Billings is so much fun and I love every bit of it :) We taught a new high for me with 40 lessons! That means we met with 40 people and taught them and gave them commitments to draw closer to Christ. What a wonderful opportunity it is for me to be an instrument in the Lord's hands :)

We had leadership training this past week which was great! We talked about how we can encourage those around us and help everyone realize that they play a significant role in helping others come unto Christ! That EACH and every single one of us can share the message of Christ in the way we live our lives and the things we talk about in our conversations. I would encourage each of you to bring up the gospel in your casual conversations with your friends and neighbors and share how it has blessed your life!

We had a wonderful lesson this week which was AMAZING! We taught a young woman, a bit older than myself, the law of chastity which includes abstaining from sexual relations before marriage. We taught about how God's laws never change and are always the same and consistant. That often times God's commandments are not very popular in the worlds eyes because the world continues to change and the moral standards are slacked and forgotten. Well, this young lady had a boyfriend and was looking into moving in with him. We taught her why that wouldn't be the right thing to do and that it would be best to forgo their sexual relations at this time. She mentioned concerns how she didn't know how she could do that or what not. I realized that each of us eventually has to make a decision whether to follow God's commandments or not. We invited her to pray about it and find our for herself. She left discouraged and didn't know how she was going to do it. Well, we had faith and said a prayer and asked God if he would answer her prayers. Well, yesterday at church she came up to us and was SOOO excited! She said, "You won't believe what happened, Elders! So I was praying about what I should do and I decided I just needed to talk to my boyfriend about it. Well, I talked to him and he said that it would be fine if we didn't move in together. Then he also said it was fine if I didn't what to have any sexual relations with him right now! GOD ANSWERED MY PRAYERS! I can live the law of chastity! I know that it's true!!" Of course I said, "Hallelujah!!" It was such a great experience of how God answers each of His childrens prayers :) I know as we live the law of chastity that we can be blessed with self control, self worth and confidence in our relationships!

Another fun thing... I had probably the CRAZIEST meal ever! This chinese woman made us cow tendon!!! It was definitely not my favorite but it's a delicacy in China, I guess, and they only make it for special people so of course I ate it! Haha! Crazy stuff and I attached a picture of me holding it and her husband who is from cuba as well with some of it :)








There is SOOO much I could tell you about this week but their are other missionaries waiting so just know this week has been AWESOME!! I love what I have the opportunity to do each and every single day, serve God and His children :)

LOVE Y'ALL!
Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment