Monday, December 5, 2011

You got served!

So this week has been a busy and crazy one! My subject definitely became our motto this week and we had a blast with it! I think we did more service this week, than I've EVER done in a week and it was totally SWEET! We branded cows, helped insulate an attic, moved a couple families and prepare for our nativity for the ward this week! It's been so much fun and an eventful week!
 
Tuesday was spent branding cattle which Elder Scott was pumped about until he saw how big they were. It's amazing how much a calf can grow in 2 weeks because they were MUCH bigger than last time we helped out! Haha I love helping them brand because you're around a bunch of cowboys. They are respectful, work hard and ALWAYS eat good afterwards! It was a great opportunity to lend a helping hand and often times a whole body as I had to jump on top of a few to hold them down! Haha
 
Wednesday was interesting as it was time to go to Helena for some leadership training. We had spent the night in Kalispell the night before and there would be 5 of us going to that meeting. Well, we heard a winter storm was going to come in and lay down 8 inches of snow. So with that they chose me, the Texan with hardly ANY driving in the snow experience, to drive. They also said it was because our vehicle is a 4x4 pickup. :) Haha Anyways, we woke up the next morning with no sight of snow at all! Well as we embarked on the 3 and a half hour drive at 5:30 am everyone fell asleep and I was the only one awake driving. Well there was definitely snow later on in the ride! I can tell you I said multiple prayers along the way as everyone laid asleep and the truck would slide or fishtail! Haha I'm thankful for God's protection that allowed all of us to arrive safely! We returned home in even a worse storm but none the less made it safely and I totaled 10 hours of driving in one day! Haha I did learn something very valuable in that meeting, though! I was reminded that this is the Lord's work. Not mine, not yours, nobody else's. That I'm not the one inviting people to do things but the Lord is! I'm just grateful I can be an instrument in his hand :)
 
The ward here had their annual nativity where we had over 200 nativities displayed and invited the entire public to come and to share the spirit of Christmas with us :) It was an incredible display and left many with tears in their eyes. We also hosted the first presidency message after and what a wonderful treat that was to watch! I pray that we will all find the true spirit of Christmas this year :)
 
I love y'all and hope the best for each of you! May God continue to bless and watch over you my dear family and friends :)
 
Love,
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment