Monday, December 12, 2011

Yeeeehawwww!

This week has been WONDERFUL as every week on the mission is :) I wish all of you could be out here with me but hopefully y'all can feel the joy and happiness that comes from serving the Lord through my emails home!

A few things we were able to do this week truly opened my eyes. One is that we've been practicing with the community choir here to perform for the city. Well, our performance was yesterday afternoon amongst a crowd of about 200! Our choir consisted of members from multiple churches and faiths and we sang loud and proud for all those who attended! The lesson I learned is still the one I learned when I was younger but one step further this time. I still LOVE to sing but I have no good voice and the addition is that I would rather sit and enjoy those who CAN sing and congratulate them afterwards ;) Haha! None the less I had a great time and we definitely brought the Christmas spirit to Polson.

Last night we were invited to come up to Kalispell to attend mission prep for the youngmen here in the valley. We had 6 elders who attended and we made a panel where the young men asked us questions and we answered them all :) It was a blast and I put myself in their shoes just before I left on a mission. It was tons of fun!

One thing I wanted to share with you is how grateful I am for y'all! We met with a young lady at a members home and she expressed how her family is a mess and her parents are always fighting and her passion, horses, are going to be taken from her and she lives everyday regreting she was alive. It opened my eyes to how blessed I am with each of you by my side :) Family means everything to me! NEVER take for granted what we have in our lives because many others don't! I love y'all and I'm doing GREAT!

-Elder Parr

p.s. we had our ward christmas party here and we fed over 250 people and the church was PACKED!!! It was so much fun though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment