Monday, August 8, 2011

"What is the point in knowing the truth, if you're not willing to defend it!"




So this week has been wonderful! Half of myself thought it was an awesome week, while the other half was just blahhh. It's weird, but I'm still working hard and being diligent. I guess that's what makes me feel like it was a blahh week. We worked our tails off and it seemed like nothing happened this week. haha I was joking with Elder Mangelson last night as we were going to bed that the Lord was teaching me to be patient, and he said, "YOU BETTER NOT BE PRAYING FOR PATIENCE OR I'M GOING TO BLAME THIS ALL ON YOU!" hahaha it was so funny, but made me laugh :) I've made a list of a few things I want to do and become better at and then just rely on the Lord to help me out. I don't mind learning patience, I think it's good for me. So don't worry, I'm doing fine and loving it still :) I absolutely LOVE being a servant of the Lord :)

Saturday was spent as our service day which really allowed me to just work hard which was awesome! We laid sod for the B's from 7-1pm and then bucked hay for the W's from 1-7pm! It was such hard work, but felt so good! haha! 12 hours straight in the sun was crazy and I will say I hardly even broke a sweat! It's so cool here it's amazing! I would say it didn't even get over 80 degrees on Saturday! I hope y'all are staying cool and drinking lots of water!

Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting. I took the opportunity to bear my testimony as I do every fast Sunday now. I recited one of my favorite things I've memorized since I've been on my mission. It is very special to me and a part of who I am now. I thought I would give it to y'all.

"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast! I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear! I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up stored up, and paid up of the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till I know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear!"

I LOVE being a disciple of Jesus Christ :) When I read this it makes me think of the scripture in Romans 1:16 where Paul says," For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth." It's funny you emailed me about being courageous this week mom, because that's exactly what I was thinking about yesterday.

There is a boy here who gives me the quote of the day every Sunday. His quote he chose for yesterday was, "What is the point in knowing the truth, if you're not willing to defend it!" It struck a chord within me and it's my new favorite quote now :) I don't think he knows, but his quotes are always what I need ;)

I LOVE and miss y'all! I pray for each of y'all daily :)

Love,
Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment