Monday, August 15, 2011

:)



What a week it has been! I can definitely say that this week was much better than last! My quote is always true, "Hard work always pays off!" Stayed busy this week knockin' doors and finding new people to teach. In doing so we've found 4 new people to teach this week which is awesome! We've been hittin' the streets and talking to everyone we see :) haha Missionary work is so much fun! One thing I can say that doesn't have much importance or meaning is that I know am well aware of what weed smells like. Being on a college campus I can't tell you how many doors open and the overwhelming smell comes out! :( No bueno!



I taught the first chinese person ever on my mission this week as well! It was so much fun! He showed up at church last week out of the blue and we asked if we could come visit him. Well, he is still learning english so it was hard to get his address as he couldn't say his r's. Reminded me of when I was younger ;) So it took us a while to get that he was living in Roskie Hall on campus! ha The lesson was very interesting, as well, as we were on mormon.org and lds.org and would read what we wanted to teach him in english, and then change the language to chinese and he would read it and we would talk about it! It was so cool and a great experience!


Another crazy experience with one of the part member families we are teaching. We went to visit them on Sunday after church in the evening. We knocked on the door and rang the doorbell and no answer so we sat on the steps to make a phone call and the door comes flyin' open! It was one of his friends from out of town who is homeless who was just hangin' out in their house without them knowing! I was like, "What are you doing here ___?!" and he said, "Oh, i'm just lookin' for them too and just hangin' out inside for the time being. They don't know i'm here!" I was dumbfounded and had Elder Mangelson talk to him while I tried to call the family! They didn't answer, so I ended up going in the house and lockin' all the doors and came out the garage so the house was all locked up. We then went and walked with him to the church parking lot to get him away from the house and talk with him where he decided to pull out his weed and smoke a blunt right there while we were talking to him! He is crazy! haha


On a more spiritual note, we taught one of our investigators about baptism and the holy spirit. How after we are baptized we can recieve the holy spirit to be with us, always, as a constant companion. I thought it was a good lesson and felt good until she said the closing prayer which opened my eyes to so much! She thanked God for teaching her about the Spirit and how she wants to be baptized and have him always with her. She said some other things, which I wasn't even aware of us saying at all, which was a testimony to me that I wasn't the one teaching...that it was the spirit. It also made me stop and think about the spirit. How it's a gift from God and in my opinion one of the greatest gifts we can be given from him! And as with any gift, I thought about how often we use it. If we're thankful for the gift and leave it in the box, or if we truly want to use and apply it in our lives. Got me thinking that I've been in both places and that I want to use the spirit more abundantly in my life! I hope you do as well!


I think of y'all often and love each of you! I hope all is well and things are going good for y'all!


Love and miss y'all!
Elder Parr


p.s. quote of the day yesterday from G was, "No bacon is bad for you when the healthier choice is a donut!" hahaha I thought it was AWESOME! Made me laugh pretty good too!

p.s.s. attatched some pictures for y'all :) hope you enjoy!

So I thought I would share a few experiences with y'all today! I went on team ups twice this week. The first was with theLivingston Elders in Livingston. They are both brand new to the area and really dont have any idea what to do so we went up there to find lots of work. We did just that as we worked together and tracted seperate parts of the town. haha Funny story, this guy wanted to fight me while knockin' doors! Of course I have like no temper and just said, "sorry for knockin' on your door hope you have a nice day!" as he was in my face yellin' and buckin' up ;) haha Some people crack me up! We went on team ups with the assistants the following day and I went up to Big Sky with Elder Thomas! It was an awesome experience and learned a lot from him for sure! Assistants are awesome! The drive there and back is beautiful too which makes it that much better!




No comments:

Post a Comment