Monday, August 22, 2011

Have a GREAT day!

I absolutely LOVE reading your emails every Monday :) They always bring a smile to my face and make me want to get out and work even harder!

This week has been a longggggg, but GREAT week! Wonderful opportunities and stories for today :)

We received a referral for this girl named Lacresha (haha not really, but that would be cool) who wanted us to come visit here. So that's what we did! I think it was the best referral I've EVER received on my mission. I wasn't there for the initial contact as I was on team-ups with another Elder here, but they found out that her boyfriend is serving a mission right now actually in California and told us that she wanted to be baptized as soon as she could! We've been teaching her and she just lights up as we teach and has definitely been prepared to receive the gospel! It's been lots of fun and she should be there tonight to play softball with the University Ward!

We have been teaching this one man for awhile now and last night talked about the word of wisdom. He is tatted up and has long hair and a long beard. I love him so much from the first day when we rode our bikes all across the town to meet him! Well he smokes as well and during the lesson, he said, "I need to stop smoking. I've wanted to do it for so long, i'm just so stressed out." He was telling us before that he just wants to run away and start all over. For some reason as we were teaching him I felt to tell him that he can't run away and start over. The same issues he is struggling with will remain with him and eventually he will be in the same situation again. I talked about being baptized (which he is planning to do right now) means taking part in conversion. It's changing your life to follow God more closely and to receive his help. I don't know, but I think something clicked and I think he is really going to make some changes and I told him we are right there with him to help :) He is awesome! I'm excited! Just a good experience.

Saturday was AWESOME! We took Elder Eyring's counsel from conference and had a ward service project! WOW was it amazing! We went up to Hyalite Canyon and did SO much work up there! Dug holes for trees, transplanted trees, pulled weeds, laid mulch down, painted graffiti and SO much more! I had so much fun and Elder Mangelson and I wore these neon yellow shirts given to us by a member awhile back! They were so bright and found out later people were giving directions off of us cause you couldn't miss us anywhere! haha it was awesome! I love getting my hands dirty and it was great to work alongside ALL the members as well and a few from the community :)

Well, this Friday we receive transfer calls. I have a feeling that I will be leaving but I have no idea really. I've grown to love the members and investigators here SO much! They become my family wherever I am and I love serving and helping in any way I can :) I will be sure to let you know what happens as soon as I know!

My eye exam went great! The receptionist even ordered 2 pairs for me! She is so sweet!

Glad to hear the kids are off to school again to get nice and smart! School starts here next week! I'm glad they were able to get back to school blessings as well! I miss those for sure!

I love yall and hope all is well! Have a GREAT day!

-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment