Monday, July 25, 2011

"...an instrument in his hands"

So, I'm proud to say we now have 3 native spanish speakers in our zone now! It's so much fun! I would like to say that I've been learning lots of spanish....but really only a few words here and there! They are all mainly commands so when we play soccer I know what's going on or else I'm lost! They just laugh at me though since I really don't have any idea what I'm yelling out. This week I learned "cucharon!" which means scoop! haha


Well, as you know I have been called to be the district leader here in Bozeman. My added responsibilities are to run district meeting weekly, call in numbers at the end of the week, make sure my elders are doing what they are supposed to and resolve any problems within the district. Basically that's it, really! I'm lovin' it so far and love to serve my fellow brethren!


This week has been awesome! Elder Mangelson is an awesome elder! I want this transfer to be a transfer of change. Not for just me, but my district as well. I feel we're in a rut and we're going to rely on the Lord to get out! At church on Sunday it was funny, a member asked Elder Mangelson if he was "trunky" and Elder Mangelson said, "Psh, not with Elder Parr! We're workin' our tails off right now and I'm coming home SO wiped out!" I get home some times and we plan for the next day and write in our journals and we're like, "Let's just go to sleep!" haha This work is truly work and I LOVE it!


So I've attached a few pictures for y'all! This first one is me over the sink ;) haha This is the story for that picture. So I was makin' my Hulk juice and as I cracked my egg into it, half the shell fell into the smoothie and I was like, "NOOOOOO!" and Elder Mangelson just laughed at me! haha So I continued to make it and when I finished and drank it I was like, "It's like there are little crunches all in it :/" So I dumped it in the sink, but it was so thick it wouldn't go down the sink! So I told Elder Mangelson to grab the camera as I put some on my face and that's the picture you get :)


This one was me in the back of a police car! There is a less-active member who works for the police department who I know and he always stops us. This time it was on the way to church when our ride never came and picked us up! haha So we were walking and ran into him and talked for awhile and he offered us a ride. We agreed and as we were gettin' in were like, "I hope this doesn't make a bad impression!" haha But it was awesome and everyone stared at us as we got out at the institute! It was hilarious!


Pioneer Day was celebrated here in Bozeman on Saturday with all of the stake! Had lots of activities including josting on this blow up thing! Elder Mangelson and I had a close battle, but I wasn't going to lose and I ended up winning :) The whole stake was gathered around chanting it was so funny!


That's awesome that Brother B contacted y'all! haha As we were loading up stuff, he was like, "You do some hard work Elder Parr!" and I just replied, "It's the only work I learned how to do" and kept on working. Later he asked for mom's number and I gave it to him and now I know why he asked for it! I LOVE the members here and wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now! The work is beginning to pick up and all are pitching in in any way possible!


I'm thrilled to be serving the Lord and doing HIS work! It's a humbling experience to be an instrument in his hands :)
I hope all is well! Let me know what I can do for y'all!

Love, Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment