Monday, June 6, 2011

Texas Weather!

It's finally here! It got up to 83 degrees yesterday and should be likewise today!!! It is so beautiful and enjoyable to walk around town and make our way around :) I'M LOVIN' IT!!


This week has been one full of a lot of service and finding opportunities! Since the weather was beautiful, especially this weekend, EVERYONE was outside in their yards! Worked in a lot of gardens and Saturday morning helped out a member with their yard and doing some landscaping! I love working alongside people, helping them accomplish their tasks for the day and seeing what a few extra hands can do! After helping the B's he took us along with his son Brock (13) to Ted Turner's ranch which is HUGE!!!! As well as this place called House of Rock, which is this 20 foot rock that sticks out of the Gallatin River here. Just to let you know there is only about 9 feet still showing! They are expecting some more flooding pretty soon with the warm weather and all the snow that will be melting from the mountains! I will keep y'all posted! Many missionaries in other areas have been working all week helping people sand bag their homes and evactuate and such! I don't think it will get that bad here, but we will never know 'til it happens!


We received transfer calls and i'm stayin' here in BOZEMAN! haha I was joking around with President Heap the other day and was like, "President, I think they are going to ship me off somewhere else next week", and he said "Gardner BETTER NOT do that! I told him to leave it how it is and to not change anything!" haha It was so funny! President Heap actually asked Elder Hokanson and I to speak in Stake Priesthood Meeting this coming Sunday! We are so excited and thrilled that he asked us to speak. I'll be sure to send Ethan a copy of my talk ;)


With the weather warm now and NO miles at the end of the transfer we walked A LOT this past week! haha So many people honk at us and wave and on the other hand many yell stuff at us and do other things. Personally, I love it because it makes me laugh! :) haha and makes my day. Mostly because they think that we can understand them when they are driving at about 45 mph and we're walking the opposite direction and all we hear is "WHOSIUHDVHIF!!!" and we're like, "YEAHHHH BUDDY!" haha Just something funny that happens all the time :)


We went to a huge stake graduation party on Saturday for dinner and it was a blast! Met so many new people and lots of good food. Of course their sloppy joes were made from deer meat! hahah It was yummy :)


I LOVE YALL!
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment