Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunshine and Summertime


Bozeman, Montana is absolutely BEAUTIFUL right now! Everything is green and everyone is beginning to come outside, finally, and enjoy the nice weather. I now can understand why they call Montana "Big Sky Country" because the sky just goes on forever here. Pretty fabulous I must say!


This week has been spent doing A LOT of service which I have LOVED! We helped a family move out, helped an investigator do lawn work and things she can no longer do herself, and laid sod for the first time for a family! Laying sod is pretty fun and it was so nice to get my hands dirty and do some yard work for a change :) If anyone needs help laying sod when I get home I would love to help! haha I love providing service and doing those things that can help others out in their lives!


So funny story...at church I went into one of the classrooms that I believe is the 11 year old class, and was like, "You're going to have an AWESOME lesson today with the S's! Y'all better listen and pay attention!" and one of the kids yelled out, "When are you coming back over for dinner?!" and I said, "Whenever you're family invites us over!" and then one said, "You're coming over to my house tonight for pancakes!" and another said, "You're coming to my house tomorrow!" and they all started arguing and such and I said, "We will eat with ALL of you again! Just be sure you pay attention cause when we do have dinner with yall we're going to ask you what you learned from your lesson today and if you can't tell us then you don't get to eat dinner with us!" haha it was funny and the Saltzman's said afterwards they were the best they had been before! I love all the little kids here and today I bought a big bag of Jolly Rancher's to give them if they share the gospel with one of their friends during the week. ;)


I love the "Standard of Truth" that we quote every morning during our studies, because it is so true. It goes like this,


“Our missionaries are going forth to different nations. The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny
may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, ‘The work is done.'”


I will continue to do this great work until the Lord directs me otherwise. It's great because I've seen it change people's lives. I've seen it bring families back together and strengthen their relationships. I've seen it bless so many lives and help them understand their purpose in life. I'm proud to say that NOTHING will stop me from progressing and moving forward. I get yelled out, cussed out, doors slammed in my face, stuff thrown, etc, etc, but it all makes me smile :) Every good thing comes with opposition!


It sounds like the Jubilee was amazing! haha They had a 5 stake youth conference here a few weeks ago and they had a total of just over 500 youth here, and then I hear the Jubilee had 2,000 youth! I thought to myself ,"Things really ARE bigger in Texas;)" haha I'm so glad that was able to happen so successfully and be such an impact on the youth! I will never forget the great memories at those activities that I had!


I'm getting back to full health now and continue to press forward! I'm loving the mission and take every moment I have like it's my last! I love you all and hope things continue to go well and the kids have fun at EFY! Y'all will have to tell me how the new A/C system works! People in Montana don't even have A/C! hahaha


Love y'all!
-Elder Parr


No comments:

Post a Comment