Monday, June 13, 2011

YEAHHH BUDDY!!!

Yesterday was an awesome Sunday and I think one of the best ever! I got a call Saturday morning and was asked to give a 15 minute talk on repentance in the University Ward, which went really well and it was awesome! Spoke with MJ, our new ward mission leader, which was great! Then later that night Elder Hokanson and I were asked to speak in stake priesthood meeting! I felt like Ethan, nervous as ever as all the priesthood gathered in to hear what we had to say. We spoke on what we did to prepare to serve a mission and what we wish we would have done now that we've been out! Awesome experience! All my nerves went away when we sang some hymn with the chorus "Victory, victory, through Jesus Christ our Lord!" There was so much power that all my nerves were gone and I began by saying, "I bring you brethren a warm welcome from the great state of Texas! I'm honored and so grateful to be serving here in the second greatest state of Montana!" Everyone got a kick out of that ;) haha President Heap spoke at the very end and I will say one day he is going to be a general authority! I go and talk to him every opportunity I get in his office in the institute! After the meeting President Winward came up to me and was like, "you cry baby!" and I said, "Hey that's how I roll!" haha he told me not to change so we'll see. :)


All in all this week has been an improvement from last and was able to help some people move and do some service for those we came in contact with. Cool story... we were out tracting and this HUGE storm rolled in with no rain jackets or anything and it started hailing! Pretty sweet I must say because I didn't get hit once! The Lord was definitely lookin' out for me :)


I can't wait to get the package! Sorry for the wrong address in the beginning and yes there is a Pizza Hut right next door. Don't you worry, I've only been there once the whole 3 months or more I've been here so far! The members feed us too much to even think about going there! haha


I love y'all so much and think of y'all often :) Keep smilin' and doin' your thing! DO WORK!


LOVE YALL!


p.s. I just had lunch with the Shepherd's back from Hamilton! They were in Yellowstone last week with the Jackson's and were coming home through Bozeman and took Elder Hokanson and I to Famous Dave's for lunch! I love them so much and have definitely missed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment