Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm having a Baby Boy!!!

This week has been AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! So much fun!

To start off I got transfer calls this week and Elder Holbrook actually just left me 2 hours ago and guess what?! I'm going to be TRAINING!!! I'm so stoked! In the mission they refer to it as "having a baby" hahah so I will be getting a fresh new misisonary straight from the MTC on Wednesday! I'm so excited and I sure hope he is!!! I'M TRAINING!!! hahaha If you can't tell, I'm way excited :)

So last P-day I mentioned it was snowing while I was emailing you. Well we still played soccer and frisbee! It was so much fun and actually turned out to be a nice day! Today we will be playing Volleyball and got some of the college athletes to come play with us :) Afterwards I actually went on team ups with Elder Mortenson! MY FELLOW TEXAN! I love the guy! hahaha he is such a girl though! He said it himself too! He is from Plano and the other day he said that Sister Nelson (the one who moved from our ward awhile back ago) told his mom to tell me hi! Crazy how small the world gets when you're a missionary! It was lots of fun and in the morning I ended up shoveling snow for 2 hours when we woke up to a foot of snow!!! Helped Brother Despain shovel the driveway too while he blew off the long dirt road to their house! I enjoyed it and yes I was in shorts while I did it ;) haha

We had an appointment at the Hilton last week too!! hahah We now schedule lessons there! JK! A guy from Columbia Falls was in town and had been meeting with missionaries there and wanted to meet with us. He accidently dropped his phone in the tub though so when we got there he didn't answer the phone and he was gone for the moment. I was disappointed :/ haha it was fun being in a SWEET nice hotel though! Hilton's are amazing!

The S's took us to Fudrucker's the other night! It was AMAZING! I regret not going there in Texas, where I'm sure it's better, ;) haha but we have a joke planned out we're going to play on my new greenie! Basically, they have a "candy apple contest" with all the missionaries to see how fast you can eat a caramel apple and I have the record! 1:42 seconds! So i'm going to talk it all up and there will be a list with all the missionaries past here with their times for proof. So hopefully he will chow down and try to beat it, but what he won't know is that it will be a caramel covered onion! hahaha not too mean, but it will be funny! It will be on my sd card when I send it home soon ;)

We will have at LEAST 2 baptisms this month! We set a date with C.M. and she will be baptized on May 7! She is so excited and has really grasped the gospel and let it work in her life! We will meet with her tonight and set the details :) As well as D.J. on May 21! She's having trouble finding a way to tell her parents of her decision, but we meet with her on Thursday at her house and I'm sure her parents will be there too! So I'm way excited and it will be a great experience for my new elder to be a part of :)

So I'm in a tri-companionship right now til tomorrow and then will be on team ups with Elder Elmer til Wednesday when our greenies come in! Tonight I will actually team up with my boy Skrimp Jones! hahahah That's what I call him and we will go to dinner, teach Carley, then FHE which they are doing a talent show and then teach Cora afterwards! So I have a GREAT day ahead of me :)

I definitely miss my jellybean trail and spending the day with the family on Easter! Don't worry, people here gave us plenty of junk to last us for awhile! hahaha Hope you enjoyed Easter and remembered what it's all about :)

I LOVE y'all so much!

Love,
Elder Parr

p.s. mother's day is coming soon!!!

p.s. i now get to drive!!! and we have a truck :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new baby boy! Who knows you may have the experience of having twins (2 greenies) before you're done. You really are amazing. Can hardly wait to hear about the caramel onion surprise. If he loves onions, it may be you who's in for a surprise. haha

    ReplyDelete