Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Wild Week!!

This week was crazy and all over the place! So many ups and down it was awesome! haha


So of course I found out about Papa last Monday and had been thinking about that some. Don't worry, it didn't affect my work at all, just thinkin' about him in the spirit world!


We had dinner with J.S. Tuesday night!! He was in Livingston for work and got rained out so he had the day off! So we had Pizza Hut with him! It was awesome! He said he was going to ask for his patriachal blessing and such this last weekend! He is doing awesome and said they watched all of conference and even have been having family home evening! He is one Elder Miner and I reactivated back in Hamilton and he is SOLID now!


Thursday we had a baptism for L.B.! It was Elder Holbrooks first; and their special day! Had lots of non-members come and it was a great experience! Sorry I left my camera in the car, so I don't have a picture to send but there should be some on facebook by now I believe! He is such an awesome kid!


Saturday Elder Holbrook was sick so it was one of the most BORING days of the mission so far and LEAST productive :/ I spent the whole day cleaning, listening to every CD I had, wrote many letters to people back in Hamilton and recorded a tape! I did get a call from Elder Willey though and he told me D.M. is getting baptized on April 23!!! I'm so excited for him! He was one we found and started teaching and was in a rough situation with work and such, but has decided to be baptized! So I wrote him a good letter :)


The other day we had dinner with the B's!!! And guess what she made mom!? PINK STUFF!!! I ate soooo much of it! I've missed it a ton and told her she scored extra points on that! haha They have a little kid who is a hoot! He is awesome! I love all the little kids here!


This is a special story and an awesome experience that happened in sacrament meeting in the University Ward.
So in sacrament I was going to bear my testimony (I do that EVERY fast Sunday in every ward now! I don't know why I didn't do it more often at home :/) But before I got up I was sitting next to a boy I call Dandy, who has just recently come back to church and wants to serve a mission. I leaned over to him and said, "Are you going to bear your testimony?" and I got no answer so I said, "You should!" and then got up and went and bore my testimony. I bore it on the plan of salvation and how the atonement provides a way for each of us to live again and referred to Papa. Well I sat down and then Dandy got up and bore his testimony! It was awesome!! So afterwards, I spent the rest of the meeting enjoying testimonies and such.


Mom regarding the package you're going to send. I don't want ANY "goodies" unless it's like zucchini bread ;)
I haven't had any sugar or dessert for about 8 weeks now! . I really don't need much at all. Letters!


Love yall so much!
-Elder Parr :)


DO WORK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment