Thursday, May 5, 2011

Doing my best to do my best

So first off I'm so glad to hear the news on your knee, mom! I'm glad the doc was able to fix you up and you will be back in NO time I'm sure! Just follow his orders and DO WORK! I'm excited to hear how your recovery goes! I know EXACTLY how you feel about staying in bed, being loopy, and not being able to do much! Just keep smiling and make others laugh! It will make your day MUCH better ;) Trust me!

So as I mentioned last week I'm training!!!! It's so much fun! My companion is Elder Hokanson! I call him the "Hulk" all the time! haha no one can say his name right. It's hilarious! We are just alike though! He loves peanut butter as much as I do and eats all the same stuff like me! He is awesome and loves to work and be productive! He is from Westerville, Nebraska from a town of 50! His family makes up almost half of it because he is smack dab in the middle with 10 siblings! 5 older, 5 younger! It's awesome! Finally don't have a baby companion ;) haha It's a WHOLE different experience training rather than being just a regular elder for sure! I had a conference call with president and all the other trainers. Talked about the difference in a teacher and a mentor. I have to be his mentor and really the decisions and habits he makes now will affect his entire mission! Doing my best to do my best and lead by example! It's so much fun because he is SOOOO pumped to work! If I haven't said yet, I LOVE IT!

So we had dinner with the S's and they had to play a joke on him. So I had missionaries talk up this Caramel Apple eating contest from the time he got in the mission home. Had elders tell him I had the record in eating the fastest and that night we had dinner he was so pumped! He was like man I can tell you're a competitive person and love to win. I'm so going to beat you! haha But little did he know it was a caramel covered onion! haha HE TORE THAT THING UP!!! Didn't even care it was an onion! He was going to beat me no matter what (p.s. I never did it :/) We had to stop him! That's how I knew he was willing to do what ever it took to DO WORK here! I love him to death already!

So I will be performing my first baptism here on the mission this saturday! C has decided to be baptized and has asked me to perform the baptism! I'm so excited for her and the decision she is making! Also B is getting baptized on the 14th and bore her testimony yesterday on how she received personal revelation and that she now KNOWS that the church is true! And THEN, R (13 yrs old) is getting baptized on her birthday on the 18th! She will be the only member of her family to be a member and attends with the young women here in the Bozeman 1 Ward! The work is going GREAT here!

I GET TO CALL HOME NEXT SUNDAYYYYYYYY MAY 8!!!!!!! I hope yall all are ready for this!!!! Here is the plan!

We will be skyping home from the B's home this Sunday! We are so excited to talk with y'all!

Well, farewell til Sunday! I love all of yall!

LOVE Y'ALL!!!

-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment