Monday, April 18, 2011

I know that Jesus Christ is MY Redeemer!

So first off, I hope that yall are enjoying the weather in Texas right now! It decided to snow AGAIN today :/ I'm so ready for short sleeve weather! Can't wait!


This week was great! Had a missionary fireside on Friday night! Watched "Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration" Such an awesome movie and led me to remember the church trip we took and watched it right before we had the tour of carthage jail! We had 2 investigators show up and because the rest were busy (one being in Salt Lake with her boyfriend at temple square!) we said it was a good enough excuse not to come ;) haha The spirit was there and it reaffirmed my testimonoy and knowledge that God called Joseph Smith to be a prophet and to restore the gospel in it's fulness back to the earth today!


Sacrament meeting in the student ward was SWEEEEET! Talks were about missionary work and about using Preach My Gospel and Bryan and Ammon gave the talks (both returned missionaries) and it was awesome! The spirit was so strong and it was like they were speaking to all of the 5 investigators we had at church :) Then Ammon played the piano and Kara sang "I know the my Redeemer Lives"! AMAZING! The spirit was so strong and I was so touched by the messages that I couldn't even sing the last hymn, "I need the every hour".
I know that Jesus Christ is MY redeemer because I have felt His redeeming love and power in my life :) I will be forever grateful for all that he did for me:) It was wonderful and they had me say the closing prayer :)
I LOVE going to church :)


We have a new investigator named Carley! She is AWESOME! Came to church last week with her friend Slater who is on the track team with her. Then stayed for break the fast, a fireside and returned Monday for family home evening! We gave her a Book of Mormon that night and set a time to meet with her last Wednesday! We taught her the first lesson and she was soakin' it all up and had no questions and believed everything! She then came to church by herself yesterday without Slater and had a similiar experience as I did during sacrament :) We are meeting with her tonight again! She is a heptatholonist! haha She does the heptathon in track here at MSU! She took 2nd in the meet last weekend! I find athletes relate to the gospel much more than others as they understand they have to work for something to get something! The work is going great here :)


I believe that we will be allowed to skype home again :) I will let you know when it gets closer.


I love it here in Montana and the pla
n is to play soccer in the snow today ;) We shall see how that goes!

I love you all and hope all is well! Let me know if there is anything I can do for yall!

Love, Elder Parr




No comments:

Post a Comment