Saturday, March 26, 2011

New area...New companion...Same work!

So this week wasn't too shabby! WAYYY different from Hamilton for sure! This past week was spring break for the campus so the town was like EMPTY! It was ridiculously slow for sure. I cover the Bozeman 1st Ward and the University Ward here as well! Going to church was great yesterday and got to meet TONS of people! The University Ward here is pretty solid! They have about 50 students that come! They had me bear my testimony and bless the sacrament on Sunday and it looks like I might be playing the piano for priesthood each week for them. The Bozeman Ward is pretty great as well with lots of members!

The work here is about just the opposite of what it was in Hamilton. I NEVER had to track in Hamilton because we had so much work to do and people to see. Here, especially this week, all we did was tract and knock on doors. Definitely a new experience for sure. Wednesday and Friday were 2 of the worst. We would walk 5 hours straight and NO ONE would be home and no one would let us in and when I would get home at night I wouldn't be able to walk because my knee and feet were like HUGE! haha it was pretty funny, but i'm getting used to it. Still smiling and bright spirits as always :) I'm enojoying Bozeman so far, but definitely missing Hamilton, but i'm searching for those that are ready for us to teach here!

We had a baptism this past Saturday! His name was T. Such an awesome guy! He is a pro rider for like motocross and stuff. Basically a freestyle rider and can do and ride just about anything with wheels! His best friend C. met him 4 years ago in math class here on campus and then he left on his mission and came back. T was interested so C. taught him pretty much and then the missionaries reviewed with him and he was baptized Saturday! Also we have another baptism coming up in about a week and a half. A woman starting coming back to church and wanted her son to get baptized. So the missionaries had been teaching him and we taught him the last lesson this week and will be baptized on probably April 1! I'm so excited and he is so pumped to be baptized. His dad is not a member but so supportive of his decision and I think pretty soon will have a desire to come to church and do the same. They are an awesome family!

Well my new companion is Elder Holbrook. He is from Colorado. He is a convert and has such a sweet testimony and story of how he joined the church. Basically he is the ONLY member of his family and his parents and brothers weren't too fond with his decision. He keeps me entertained for sure and we get along great! haha To sum it all up he is a punk rocker! haha Had the huge mohawk and wore skinny jeans and all this other stuff. I love him and he brings a whole new perpsective of the gospel for me to look at which I love!

Also we visited this less-active woman wayyyy out in the woods with Brother B who is resently married with a 16 month old who we had dinner with that night, and she wants us to come over for dinner, but says I have to bring a recipe for some Texas pulled pork! So mom if you could find that pork recipe, I think Aunt Marti? or someone has that made that AWESOME pork that one time and send it to me that would be AWESOME!!!!!

Well i'm doing great here and just went grocery shopping! Got some good healthy stuff for sure! I could use some stamps but that's about it. Or some HEALTHY snacks, no sugar please, I haven't had ANY sugar for like 4 weeks now! I can't even remember how long it's been! haha Ridiculous!

Well I love y'all all! Hope to hear from y'all soon!

-Elder Parr
DO WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment