Friday, March 18, 2011

going to BOZEMAN!

SO... as y'all have heard so far from people here and from facebook, I'm leaving Hamilton and being transferred to Bozeman, MT. My new address is:

8490 Lookfar Way
Bozeman, MT 59715

This week has been an amazing one for sure!

Monday was spent in Missoula with the rest of our Zone playing basketball, speed ball, hockey and sardines. I made a SILLY decision right when we got there too, that put me takin' it easy for most the time. Haha! I was the only one on the court and decided I would just jump up on the stage like I always do. Until I was halfway off the ground and realized their stage was a good 3 inches taller! Nailed both my knees on the stage and then both my shins on the way down. Immediate bruises! Haha! Not good. I still wrecked in basketball though and yes, wore my brace (always wear that around elders here!) and had fun. Although it was painful and I had a crick in my neck from wrestling with Elder Mudge Haha. He is a BEAST!

Throughout the week we taught many lessons and taught some new people we hadn't taught before which was great! Hamilton is on FIRE right now! It's been such a joy to start my mission off here and to have had the opportunity to teach and find so many great people here in the valley!

Well, Friday I got the call I had been waiting to get to find out if I was being transferred and I was! I was very sad at the thought of having to leave Hamilton after all the work i've been able to do here. I began to look back on all the things I was able to accomplish and do! I couldn't help but smile and be grateful for the opportunity and time the Lord allowed me to serve here. I guess 4 1/2 months in your greenie area isn't too common so I was grateful for ALL the moments I was able to have here. The following days we still tried to teach as much as we could, but was mainly saying my goodbyes. I can't tell you how many people i've met here and grown to LOVE so much! It seems no one here wants to let me leave haha. When missionaries say that they love the people they serve they aren't lying. Leaving Hamilton and saying goodbye was just like when I had to say goodbye to y'all when I left for the MTC. I love and care about them so much and now have to move to somewhere else. You really don't realize what you have until you have to leave it for sure! I will say we have PLENTY of houses to stay at when we come visit as a family!!!! Just about everyone was like, "When you come back the door is open, you don't even have to knock! You're welcome back ANYTIME!" So we won't have to get a hotel here ;) haha


It's heartbreaking, but i'm excited about going to BOZEMAN! I've heard great things so far and my new companion will be Elder Holbrook, or something like that. haha They really haven't told me much. We're headed up to Missoula today again and I will leave for Bozeman Tuesday morning I believe. Although i'm leaving i'm SOOOOOO pumped for who is replacing me! Elder Gooodwin, the big poly who was in my district in the MTC, will be replacing me! He is like my other brother and we're real close so i'm SO excited for him! I guess his last area wasn't that great so i'm stoked for him to come here. He is a great missionary and is hilarious and super funny so he will do great here in Hamilton and keep up what we were able to start here!!! Elder Goodwin is my BOY! haha

I'm so excited to here how much is going on!

Well, I don't have much time left, but I am sending home a package once I get to Bozeman. I promise all of y'all will enjoy, especially the boys! So get excited! I will try to get it there before the week is over!
I hope all is going well and let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for yall!
LOVE Y'ALL!
elder parr

1 comment:

  1. Elder Parr ...

    Yes, Hamilton is on fire. Bozeman awaits that same warmth from one of Heavenly Father's valiant warriors: Elder Justin Parr.

    Why do I believe Bozeman will be equally awesome if not even more so?

    Here are the thoughts that came to me as I looked at each letter of Bozeman.

    B-O-Z-E-M-A-N

    B - Believe there is someone in Bozeman the Lord has prepared for you to teach. There is.

    O - Open your mouth and speak the words the Lord gives you. But only always.

    Z - Zero in on all impressions so you can act on them with exactness.

    E - Every knee will bow and confess that Jesus is the Christ ... even those who may not do so now.

    M - Man-up when the adversary tempts you to wimp-out.

    A - Ask in faith for blessings needed.

    N - Name your blessings ... one by one ... and it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

    Yes, I have a feeling about Bozeman.

    Bozeman is ready for a "bold" man of God. And that would be one Elder Justin Parr.

    Keep shining.

    With love ...
    Brother Brigmon

    ReplyDelete