Monday, March 7, 2011

The joy...is priceless

So transfers are this friday! I hope y'all are praying that I stay here in Hamilton! I LOVEEEE it here and have grown so close to the members and investigators and EVERYONE here! But of course, I will go wherever the Lord needs me!


So this week has been awesome!!! So much is going on here for sure! I guess I can tell you of an experience that I've had in which strengthened my testimony...


Missionaries have always spoke that thoughts just come into their head to go see someone and I've never had that exact experience, I would probably say ever, until this week. So we were driving into town and we were coming close to a house a few blocks away where I knew who they are and I had this thought, "Stop by their house." So of course I was like, nawww I will just see them at church. No biggie. Then I heard a second time, "Really go see them." And I said in my mind again, "no really it's cool. I will just see them tomorrow." Then the third time as we were approaching their house I heard, "Alright, but you REALLY should go visit them now." So I was like "Elder Willey stop here at this house!" So we had tried to stop by 3 times prior and they were never home. Just a less-active couple who has REALLY been struggling. We stopped and taught about fasting and he said he had a strong testimony of fasting, but she said she had no testimony of it whatsoever (also, first time she sat in with us to talk) So as we were leaving she walked us out and told us a little about what has been going on and said that she was going to take our message to heart and fast. She said it was exactly what she thinks she needs. Well, they didn't make it to church so i'm not sure exactly what happened but we plan to go back and see how things went.


It was just a testimony builder to listen to those promptings that we get! To not try to diminish them otherwise we will get fewer and fewer, but to ACT on those promptings from the spirit and then to thank God for them!


In fast and testimony meeting it seemed a lot of the messages were centered on families and it made me think about y'all back at home and how much I miss y'all and all the good times we had together! So I got up to bear my testimony (I do every fast sunday now!) and bore my testimony. The spirit was just so strong in both wards! It helped me realize how much y'all mean to me and how I want MY family to be later in life and for eternity. The lesson in Gospel Principles was even on Eternal Families! Such a great Sunday! Thank you for being such an awesome family! I told them that of course I miss y'all and think about y'all often, but what I was doing on my mission was bringing families together to enjoy the happiness and joy that my family and I have experienced! That the joy I receive serving and helping them is priceless and exactly what the Lord would have me do at this time!


So the L's are back home now! We had our second dinner at the S's last night and they showed up there and I was talking to Sister L and she was like, "Elder Parr, if you get transfered i'm going to die! You have to stay her through lambing season (March) to help me because i'm afriad no one else will! Tell your mission President that you can't leave yet, or EVER leave"! Haha!! I love Sister L and i'm looking forward to helping her lamb! That would be legit! Then I can be somewhat like the Miller's when they have all their goats! hahaha


Well i'm in Lolo now about to head to Missoula with the rest of the zone to play some ultimate frisbee!!!! OH, how i've missed playing that just about every Saturday!!!! I love y'all and hope all is well! Let me know if there is anything I can do for y'all!


LOVE YOU ALL!!!
-Elder Parr "J dizzle!" haha

No comments:

Post a Comment