Monday, January 17, 2011

Entrusted by Heaven

So this week has been totally sweet!!!

First, I forgot to tell y'all, but last week we met with President for zone training and there we got our new theme for 2011! I came up with "Give em' Heaven" but I think the theme they chose was much more fitting. They decided for the theme of "Entrusted by Heaven" It's truly a blessing to be entrusted by God in this great work! I'm so grateful to be out here serving the Lord!


Thank you SO much for the package mom! It had everything I needed and wayyyyy more than I expected! Haha! Thanks for the stamps too! I can always use those! Also if you want to send anything or people want to send something to me, ;) tell them to send a BRIGHT tie! I love bright colorful ties that pop! Haha I'm pretty well off here right now!


So I got to go on splits with my boy Elder Mudge! We were in the MTC together and rode out on the same plane together! Actually, in my district we have 4 of us that came out at the same time! Elder Mudge, Greco and Bird. So I got to split up with Elder Mudge on Tuesday after district meeting! It was awesome! I actually got to drive the car! It felt a bit weird driving after 3 months almost! I loved it though! We saw LOTS of people and got lots of work done. We met with one of our progressing investigators again which was great! They clicked immediately. He is a big lifter and put up 405 and Elder Mudge is the same way! We taught the plan of salvation and compared it to lifting the whole time which was awesome! I love comparing things! After we finished he was like, "I want to learn more about God's Economy!" Haha We actually saw him on Friday again and he came to church again! It's awesome! It was his girlfriends birthday and her stepdads (she is less-active by the way) and they were going to have a breakfast Sunday morning. She wanted him to go but he chose to come to church instead! He is so dedicated to the gospel! I love him!


We saw another family that night too and had an awesome lesson! The next morning we went to the Laraway's to work out at 5:30! Elder Mudge was so pumped to lift weights! Haha Just to give you an idea of his strength, I was just doing some simple light squats with 205 and he picked it up and started doing military press with it! Hahah He is a monster! We are both so chill and get along perfect! I love Elder Mudge!


We have another baptism this Saturday!! He called yesterday and was like, "What time are we going to do this thing?" and we said, "Well, whenever you would like to". So he said, "Let's do it at 11 in the morning"! Hahaha so we were like okay sounds good! It will be my first morning baptism for sure! We are so excited for him! He has truly allowed the gospel to take affect in his life! We are going over to his house tonight to do a family home evening for them! His wife is already an active member and he has been coming for years. His daughter will be baptized in April too!


Being on my mission is the greatest experience of all time! I get to meet people and families in EVERY situation. No joke! As we share the gospel to all of them it blesses them all in their own way. The gospel of Jesus Christ is absolutely for EVERY person on this earth! I love being able to share it with everyone! The Lord definitely has his hand in the work we do here in Hamilton! Without it we wouldn't be doing all that we have going on right now! I love it!


It's finally warm here in HAMILTON MONTANA! 45 degrees! And it's been raining for like 3 days straight and isn't going to stop anytime soon. Except it's NOTHING like a Texas thunderstorm :/


So the pianist for primary in the Blodgett Canyon ward is Bro D! Every time I hear him play I go up to him and I'm like, "Bro D, you wowed me again! You're amazing"! And he is always just so kind and humble and answers, oh thanks that means a lot to me. Well, I heard him playing after church in the primary room so I went in there and just listened and then he played his remix to "If You Could High to Kolob", my favorite hymn, and I loved it! (By the way he plays by ear and is AMAZING!!!!) So after that we got to talking and he is from Texas!!!! I have another Texan up here besides my man, Bro M! hahaha But we had an awesome conversation and he played 2 other songs he wrote. One called "2 Trees" about the tree that was used for the manger and the cross for Jesus! AMAZING! And then the other called "Here am I, Send Me" about missionary work! I told him he has got to put them on a cd for me! We talked again and I found out his wife had died last year :/ and he plays for comfort and for all the primary kids cause they love to sing and dance to his music. He is such a sweet guy! I love him, too! We're friends now! :)


I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
love,
elder parr

No comments:

Post a Comment