Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Monday, December 27, 2010
Last email of the year!

**The following is the second-half of an email we received home this week. Elder Parr thought it would be funny to throw his mother into a tizzy by beginning his email with a joke. I will not include that portion of the email. : } The following was at the bottom....WAY at the bottom...of his message. Unfortunately, I did not realize it until after I had made a few phone calls and emails to check on my son. The STINKER!! I think he realized he ought not to play with me like that. ; ] Jason says I taught him that sense of 'trickery'. Humpfh! ; ) **

.........................................................................................................................................

P.S.

I hope you realize everything that I just wrote is NOT THE TRUTH! It is a joke! hahahhaha!! Y'all know that is soo not me! It was such a blessing to be able to talk with y'all on Christmas and to hear all that is going on and how each of y'all are doing! I wouldn't trade that for anything right now! After talking with y'all , it has given me that much more motivation to continue and to work even harder! Knowing that all of you are okay and are doing such great things is wonderful! Of course, I miss y'all and think about y'all always. But knowing that I have a family that loves and cares about me and is so supportive of what I'm doing is just the extra push to DO WORK!

The Lord has blessed me so much already with this wonderful opportunity to serve in his work! There truly is nothing I'd rather be doing right now! Though I'm far away, know that I'm okay and doing AWESOME! No need to worry here! I'm allowing the Lord to lead my path and so far so good ;)

I LOVE it here in Montana! When I get home we're going to take a family vacation up here!

My Christmas after I talked with y'all went like this...We went to a less-active member and wished her a Merry Christmas and gave her some chocolates! Then we went to go see this man. He had a stroke and is now paralyzed on his right side. We got a referral to go see him and he loves us now. We went to say Merry Christmas and before we left I was like, "I brought you a slinky to fill all your time up so you don't have to just watch tv or read!" He laughed so hard and just about started to cry! I love him! He is so sweet and has no one around so me and him connected so much. He loves his slinky! :) haha! We then went back and let Elder Miner Skype home. He took forever so me and Luke worked on some stuff and talked about Hong Kong (his mission) and he taught me how to write some chinese and stuff! He is awesome! He is going into film making and he is SOOOOO GOOD!

Afterwards, we went to a families house and had dinner. They are Hawaiian so we had some good food! Soo delicious! I colored with one of their little girls and played games with the family! It was pretty fun! Then we went to my old man Merlin's house! I worked with him doing genealogy and he showed me how he does it! He has sooooo much done it's amazing! That's what he does to pass time hahaha. So I messed around with him and we cracked jokes back and forth! We had a good time together, haha!


Christmas was fantastic! I hope y'alls was awesome too! What did y'all do?!

I love y'all soooooo much!

love elder parr!

p.s.s. Hopefully I didn't scare you too much mom :l I couldn't resist though. haha!! sorry :/

I LOVE Y'ALL!



Here are a few pictures!



We had 2 dinner appointments on Christmas Eve ;) They call me Elder Tex and gave us new ties! Pretty legit!



A HUGE herd of elk we saw on the side of the street!

No comments:

Post a Comment