Tuesday, December 21, 2010

We did it because we love you.


Monday December 20, 2010

One story:

We were going to go to someone's house Saturday morning and help a man chop wood for his family and then have lunch and teach a lesson. Well, he called earlier this week and canceled on us and told us not to come by. But y'all know me... I was like, pshh and blew it off. So Saturday morning we called around and found some axes from members to use. After we got 2 axes we went to his house and hid our car where they couldn't see it! haha

So, it just starts to snow and me and Elder Miner are walking to this HUGE pile of wood with axes in our hands, with our face masks and hoodies and stuff on and I was like, "Elder Miner, it feels like we're going to go do something bad! I mean, we're hiding our car, we have gloves on so there are no finger prints and we're going to bury a body in the snow!" hahaha I LOVE IT!

So we went right to work and chopped up SOOOO much wood; for like 4 hours! It was so much fun and so great to provide service! By the time we finished it had snowed like 4 inches! The family is struggling right now and he was very appreciative for us doing that but he kept saying we shouldn't have. I explained to him that that is what the gospel is all about. Each and every single one of us helping each other and making sure we are all taken care of. We didn't do it because someone told us to. We did it because we love you and desire for you to see the gospel in action!

We had so much fun and I'm a legit Paul Bunyan now! ;)


I love being out here on my mission and sharing the gospel with others! This week will be crazy!!

I LOVE Y'ALL!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ELDER PARR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment